Analog distortion pedal into Digital Amp modeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Analog distortion pedal into Digital Amp modeling

Digital gear clips really bad whenever you overload the signal. You can ultimately get a louder signal using an analog signal path since the components have a much higher tolerance of wider dynamic ranges. You can overload analog components to color one's sound with each unit's inherent harmonic distortion added flavor to the mix.

Digital gear has a line in the sand that you can't cross. Crossing that line gets REALLY bad sounding distortion that isn't musically pleasing in any way. One must NEVER cross the zero mark with digital gear.
    There's a famous rock guitarist in my country that regularly perform live with digital multi-fx (not sure what it is, probably a pod). I'm talking a few thousand attendees. Only when it's stadium sized gig he would bring his soldanos.
    So I think it's possible to use digital fx live, but you need to dial it differently than you would for lower volume/recording. Good relationship with the soundman helps too.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarusfire View Post
      Hey guys, so I just bought a zakk wah pedal and put in front of my boss micro BR 80, and have a small recording..Let me know what do you think about the tone!

For my ears this tone sounds quite real and not digital.

Dood!!!!!

It sounds really really good, whatever you did made for a great recorded sound, you should be very pleased with this track. That BR-80 is a little f**kin' monster of recording and tone.

Love the playing too... a total wah tour de force!!!!!!
      Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
        Dood!!!!!

Love the playing too... a total wah tour de force!!!!!!
        Thank you for your nice & motivating message!

I also made another improvisation with micro BR if you wanna listen.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

Originally posted by Icarusfire View Post
          Thank you for your nice & motivating message!

I also made another improvisation with micro BR if you wanna listen.

DUDE, that is EPIC playing and improvisation!!!!!!!!! The tone is awesome and you must have gotten everything down packed with the recording end because it sounds amazing!
          Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
            DUDE, that is EPIC playing and improvisation!!!!!!!!! The tone is awesome and you must have gotten everything down packed with the recording end because it sounds amazing!
            I got that track listened by Paul Gilbert, my question was only about my technique but he also nicely complimented on the tone.

I loved this Seymour Duncan 59 pickup btw which have an amazing vintage tone, but I lose clarity on low strings with fast soloing.
            Last edited by Icarusfire; 09-21-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NecroPolo View Post
              Thanks man, I'll take a look at it!
              cool brutha, here is a youtube demo of this free plugin:

Comment

Hey guys, check out my last micro br 80 recording, this time totally recorded, mixed and mastered in micro br..that thing is a little monster, I added the reverbs during the mix

Last edited by Icarusfire; 09-23-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

that is really sick dude! I would be proud if I made that

Comment

Working...
                  X