Scammed By Vox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scammed By Vox?

It's looking like we may have been scammed by Vox on the Night Trains. They are now saying they will not honor the rebate if you purchased it from Sweetwater. According to Vox, the rebate was already in the price. Bull****!!!!!!!!! They are scumbags saying this weeks later.

I spoke with a Vox rep in Oktober and I was told yes they would honor it. A month later they are saying they won't. Man, that's low.

On another forum, a person was emailed with this news. I am looking into this to see what's up. I have heard other stories of Vox pulling ****e like this so we'll see.

Scammed By Vox?

Just to put it out there, it may be something with the US distributor. I don't know all the details but sometimes those things are handled by them.

Comment

Re: Scammed By Vox?

Here is the email that was sent from Vox

Quote:
      Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are still dealing with the effects from Hurricane Sandy and still catching up with emails.

The NT15H rebate through Sweetwater was actually an ‘instant rebate’. The price you paid should have included the rebate, right off the top. So no need to worry about rebate paperwork!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me directly.
      Thank you for your patience! We appreciate it!
      Janice
      [email protected]

Comment

Scammed By Vox?

Notice the email is from Korg USA, the Vox distributor for the U.S., not from Vox themselves.

Now, the question remains, was the price from Sweetwater less than anybody else? Or did you pay less than what was listed?

Was the rebate one passed on from the manufacturer or the distributor? I've seen both in the past when I worked retail in a shop.
        Last edited by ErikH; 12-11-2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

What was the price you paid at purchase?

Comment

I spoke to a Vox rep in the USA and was told as long as I purchased it new from an authorized dealer that I would be eligible for the rebate. That was in mid October of course before I purchased the amp

Comment

Originally posted by nedcronin View Post
              What was the price you paid at purchase?
              $299.00 on sale
              Last edited by dkal24; 12-11-2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                Notice the email is from Korg USA, the Vox distributor for the U.S., not from Vox themselves.

Now, the question remains, was the price from Sweetwater less than anybody else? Or did you pay less than what was listed?

Was the rebate one passed on from the manufacturer or the distributor? I've seen both in the past when I worked retail in a shop.
                the rebate was from the manufacturer

Comment

Originally posted by dkal24 View Post
                  I spoke to a Vox rep in the USA and was told as long as I purchased it new from an authorized dealer that I would be eligible for the rebate. That was in mid October of course before I purchased the amp
                  Originally posted by dkal24 View Post
                  the rebate was from the manufacturer
                  Based off of this info, Korg USA looks to be in the wrong. See if you can get something written from Vox stating you are eligible for the rebate regardless of the dealer. But again, this all depends on what the price was at other Vox dealers at the time you purchased it. Start by doing some research on that and get in contact with Vox themselves.

Comment

This is going to be a real nightmare.

Also, why should it matter what you paid? It never said instant rebate anywhere. It may have said instant or sweetwater savings but I dont consider that having anything to do with a manufactures rebate.
                    Last edited by slaveunit; 12-11-2012, 11:40 PM.

Comment

If it helps at all...here is what the sweetwater site said when they had it in stock:

Retail Price $700.00
                      Sweetwater Savings -$400.01
                      Instant Savings -$50.00
                      Shipping Free!
                      Tech Support Free!
                      2-Year Warranty Free!
                      Sale Price:$249.99

Comment

Instant Savings means rebate.

And, I think you probably have better things to worry about than $50 off a $300 amp...

Comment

The instant savings took off $50. The rebate was for $100. Also in my case I bought 2. So Im going to be out $200 not just $50 and fighting this until the end.

If it said instant rebate that would be clear but saying instant savings for a random amount that doest even match the rebate amount? No.

Comment

Originally posted by slaveunit View Post
                            This is going to be a real nightmare.

Also, why should it matter what you paid? It never said instant rebate anywhere. It may have said instant or sweetwater savings but I dont consider that having anything to do with a manufactures rebate.
                            I asked every question possible prior to buying the amp. I was on the phone with Vox reps and Sweetwater reps and was told I WAS ELIGIBLE.

Nowhere on my receipt does it say instant rebate.

Comment

ItsaBass,
                              I think you are thinking its the LIL NIGHT TRAIN? Its not. Its the 15 watt Night Train. So you cant see the info on the site anymore. Here is what happened....
                              At first these were $299 from Sweetwater. Sweetwater also listed a rebate form on their own site that would give you $100 off of the amp. Lots of people called and asked if they are vaild. They told everyone yes since they are manufactures rebates. The same was told to everyone that called Vox directly. The about a week or 2 later Sweetwater dropped the price to $249 on the amp. Then a few days or a week later they changed the rebate form located on their website. The new one did not mentioned the Night Train. But at this point many people already bought the amp because they were old the rebate would work after their price.

What I posted is what the sweetwater page said when I bought the amps. The amps are sold out now so you will not be able to see what it said.

Comment

Working...
                              X