• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scammed By Vox?

Originally posted by slaveunit View Post
    In post 18.
    Got it:

"This offer is valid on any new DelayLab, VDL1, NT2H, NT15H, NT50H, TB35C1, or TB35C2 purchased in the U.S. from a participating authorized VOX dealer. Purchases made at Guitar Center or MusiciansFriend do not qualify for this promotion. The rebate period runs from October 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. All coupons, copies of original receipts and warranty cards must be postmarked by January 31, 2013."

And there you have it. Totally cut and dried. Vox can't argue with that, as long as you have this form.

However, the date you bought the thing is an issue. You still must have bought the amp when that rebate form was posted on the Sweetwater site. When they took it down, they stopped "participating." The issue here is establishing just when Sweetwater officially stopped "participating" in this particular rebate offer. Someone needs to find that out as the next step.

So, I have to ask the OP, did you – or anyone – actually send in that original rebate form and formally get denied? Or is this all based on e-mails and phone calls with Vox? If it's the latter, there is always the possibility for confusion and mistakes in those types of conversations. But if you have your receipt and your rebate form, and you mail them in, there isn't much they can get mixed up on. The paperwork is right there. So, any cases of anyone who followed the proper paperwork steps actually getting turned down?
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 12-12-2012, 07:46 AM.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
      Got it:

"This offer is valid on any new DelayLab, VDL1, NT2H, NT15H, NT50H, TB35C1, or TB35C2 purchased in the U.S. from a participating authorized VOX dealer. Purchases made at Guitar Center or MusiciansFriend do not qualify for this promotion. The rebate period runs from October 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. All coupons, copies of original receipts and warranty cards must be postmarked by January 31, 2013."

And there you have it. Totally cut and dried. Vox can't argue with that, as long as you have this form.

So, I have to ask the OP, did you – or anyone – actually send in that original rebate form and formally get denied? Or is this all based on e-mails and phone calls with Vox? If it's the latter, there is always the possibility for confusion and mistakes in those types of conversations. But if you have your receipt and your rebate form, and you mail them in, there isn't much they can get mixed up on. The paperwork is right there. So, any cases of anyone who followed the proper paperwork steps actually getting turned down?
      So far this is based on emails and phone calls. I am still waiting to hear from Vox.

Comment

You probably wont get formally denied, your claim will just be ignored. Thats why I think everyone needs to be aggressive on this. A $100 rebate isnt some no big deal Ill let it slide amount to me.

Comment

Itsabass...I think you are realizing why the op is calling this a scam now? It should be VERY clear and simple but already Vox is saying Sweetwater included the rebate in their price.

Comment

Itsabass...I think you are realizing why the op is calling this a scam now? It should be VERY clear and simple but already Vox is saying Sweetwater included the rebate in their price.
            I don't know if I would call it a scam until I had more facts, but I see why people would think that.

To fight this, first it must be determined that there actually is something to fight. It must be shown that Vox are actually denying/ignoring rebate claims that are clearly legitimate. However, until someone figures out when that rebate form came down from the Sweetwater site, what makes for a claim that is "clearly legitimate" is up in the air. It must be established when exactly that original rebate form was removed from Sweetwater's site. Once they took it down, they ceased "participating" in that rebate offer, which is covered by the wording in the form.
            Last edited by ItsaBass; 12-12-2012, 07:53 AM.
            Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
              I don't know if I would call it a scam until I had more facts, but I see why people would think that.

To fight this, first it must be determined that there actually is something to fight. It must be shown that Vox are actually denying/ignoring rebate claims that are clearly legitimate. However, until someone figures out when that rebate form came down from the Sweetwater site, what makes for a claim that is "clearly legitimate" is up in the air. It must be established when exactly that original rebate form was removed from Sweetwater's site. Once they took it down, they ceased "participating" in that rebate offer, which is covered by the wording in the form.
              Are you a sweetwater representative? since when does it officially mean you're not participating when you take down a link to a rebate form on your site? They should have said (like guitar center and musicians friend ALWAYS has a link to the list) if you are not participating in certain offers. There's nothing there. If vox wants to get technical and deny hundreds or thousands of people that probably scooped this deal up and sent in the rebate, they're gonna loose a lot more money in future sales, at least from me. This is the first substantial vox purchase I've ever made and it will surely leave a permanent damper on my views on them as a company (large corporation) taking advantage of the little guy. I hate to say it, but i'm not suprised. not to mention the amp sounds like a bumble bee pooping.
              "Time flies like arrows, and fruit flies like bananas."

Comment

Sweetwater deserves no bad press from this. They did nothing to warrant any complaint. All they did was to stop participating in a certain rebate offer, which they are perfectly justified in doing; it's their decision. IMO, all they need to do to do that without being shady is to remove the rebate-related files from their Website. There is no announcement needed. They don't handle the rebates. And it's the customer's fault if they assume that a retailer has a deal going on simply because it was there a week ago, or even a day ago.

I am not saying that this isn't looking shady on Vox's part, but as of yet, we have not heard of anyone actually being denied their rebate. My point was simply that if you want your rebates, be prepared to do some research first. You can't just go in yelling, completely unprepared and uninformed. And you certainly can't complain about something that they haven't even done to you yet. So, step one, send in your rebate forms to Vox. Step two, in preparation for a denial, call up Sweetwater and find out when they dropped out of the rebate offer. No need to direct any anger at them. You are just getting information from them so that you can deal with Vox if there is an issue.
                Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

true. nothing has happened yet. though i don't think it can be certain if or when sweetwater stopped participating in a rebate. It is definitely vox's problem yes, and they listed who was not participating on the rebate and that didn't include sweetwater music, which is one of the biggest online music retailers. OP, don't get me all fired up over nothing!

Comment

Sweetwater could be very well the ones to blame. They make agreements with Vox on how much they sell their products for. How do I know this? Because when I called called to price match the Night Train to another site they told me we can try and will have to call Vox to see if they agree to it. So if they were selling these under what they and Vox agreed to then they are the ones to blame.

Comment

Sweetwater could be very well the ones to blame. They make agreements with Vox on how much they sell their products for. How do I know this? Because when I called called to price match the Night Train to another site they told me we can try and will have to call Vox to see if they agree to it. So if they were selling these under what they and Vox agreed to then they are the ones to blame.
                      yeah.... yeah! where did i leave my torch and pitchfork...

Comment

Well I was just told by Vox that Sweetwater's rebates are no good. So I got the Vox managers name and left her a voicemail. She is currently at lunch I was told. Time to call Sweetwaeter. They said that Sweetwater already included the price into their price. I asked why when I called Vox I was told the opposite. She said I don't know. Also that I should have gotten a letter in the mail saying it wasn't valid. Which of course no one did. They just hope you forget and it slips by,

Time to call Sweetwater.

EDIT: Sweetwater is looking into it and will call me back. I did speak to a manager there.
                        Last edited by slaveunit; 12-12-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Got my call back form SW. I told them that my salesperson told me on 11/2 that the rebate is valid. My sales person isnt in today and I should get a call back tomorrow. So because I am impatient and don't like my money being played around with I called Vox again. They gave me the same story as the first time I called today. That SW's price already had the rebate. I told them all it said was SW savings and instant savings. It never mentions instant rebate or rebate anywhere when I made my purchase. I said if it did, this would be a cut and dry instance and I would have not bought the amp. The lady with Vox took notes and said she would call me back after speaking to her manager. For me personally, I will keep calling and calling until one of the 2 companies gives me the rebate money.

Comment

Got my call back form SW. I told them that my salesperson told me on 11/2 that the rebate is valid. My sales person isnt in today and I should get a call back tomorrow. So because I am impatient and don't like my money being played around with I called Vox again. They gave me the same story as the first time I called today. That SW's price already had the rebate. I told them all it said was SW savings and instant savings. It never mentions instant rebate or rebate anywhere when I made my purchase. I said if it did, this would be a cut and dry instance and I would have not bought the amp. The lady with Vox took notes and said she would call me back after speaking to her manager. For me personally, I will keep calling and calling until one of the 2 companies gives me the rebate money.
                            So your arguing the semantics of "instant savings" vs "instant rebate"... gotcha.
                            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                              So your arguing the semantics of "instant savings" vs "instant rebate"... gotcha.
                              I sure am. When the fine print on a rebate form states that "This promotion cannot be combined with any manufacturer sponsored instant rebate(s)" I feel that wording is everything. Also, their "instant savings" was for $50 off. The rebate is or $100. So there is no correlation between them.

If you go look at sweetwate'rs lil night train the 50 watt version, they are very clear and say "Mail in Rebate". The 15 watt night train in question never said that at all.

And just to confirm all of this many of us asked Vox and Sweetwater before making the purchase.

Comment

Hey dudes. I got the Lil Night Train as part of this rebate deal but bought it through MF and followed up on the mail in rebate and was just told I was denied by Vox.

That's bogus and I'm fighting it

Comment

Working...
                                X