Scammed By Vox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scammed By Vox?

Yall should have bought a real amp. That's what you get for buying a crappy night train.

Comment

haha, well said Jolly.....

I'm a big pain in the ass about not getting screwed over so I'll be hammering Vox on this too

Comment

[QUOTE=ItsaBass;Can anyone prove that Sweetwater had the $100 rebate and the $250 price listed concurrently?

Sweetwater never offered the $100 rebate. The manufacturer did.....vox

Comment

Originally posted by blakejcan View Post
          Hey dudes. I got the Lil Night Train as part of this rebate deal but bought it through MF and followed up on the mail in rebate and was just told I was denied by Vox.

That's bogus and I'm fighting it
          This whole thing sounds like a load of ****. What is vox thinking?
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
            This whole thing sounds like a load of ****. What is vox thinking?
            That is exactly what I was thinking. I love that vox chime and would have purchased more Vox products but no more. I will never buy Vox or Korg products ever again. I will also blast Vox all over the internet every chance I get. I am not gonna lie down and take this. One of these companies owes me $100.

Comment

[QUOTE=dkal24;3336307][QUOTE=ItsaBass;Can anyone prove that Sweetwater had the $100 rebate and the $250 price listed concurrently?

Sweetwater never offered the $100 rebate. The manufacturer did.....vox[/QUOTE]

Sweetwater advertised the manufacturer's rebate, and had the form up on their site, right? That's what i am talking about. I never said that Sweetwater themselves provided a rebate.

The "instant savings" vs. "instant rebate" issue is a non issue, and is not the way to win this. Argue that point with them, and you are in the wrong, and should get denied. "Instant savings" is one of the ways Sweetwater routinely adds in an instant rebate. That's just how it is; If you misunderstood that, then it stinks. But it isn't their fault.

The only way to get your rebates is to prove that you bought the amp when that rebate form was still posted. That would be what puts you in the right in this situation. Anything else would be a misunderstanding on the buyer's part.

As of yet, I've not heard anyone say that they 100 percent definitely bought the amp when that exact $100 rebate form was still posted and advertised on the Sweetwater site. Nor have I even heard anyone say that they have sent their paperwork in, let alone actually being denied. Did anyone actually see/download the rebate form or ads via Sweetwater, and see it with their own eyes on the exact same day that they made the purchase?
              Last edited by ItsaBass; 12-12-2012, 11:23 PM.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I 100% bought the amp when the rebate was there. You dont have to send in the card, you can register online and check the box. No one from sw or vox is questioning that. I spoke to both companies twice today and both are blaming each other for the bad wording.

Comment

I sent the paperwork in and have been denied. Now you have heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by slaveunit View Post
                    I sent the paperwork in and have been denied. Now you have heard it.
                    woooop there it is

Comment

[QUOTE=ItsaBass;3336361]
                      Originally posted by dkal24 View Post

The "instant savings" vs. "instant rebate" issue is a non issue, and is not the way to win this. Argue that point with them, and you are in the wrong, and should get denied. "Instant savings" is one of the ways Sweetwater routinely adds in an instant rebate. That's just how it is; If you misunderstood that, then it stinks. But it isn't their fault.
                      They should have put "instant rebate" not "instant savings" if they wanted to not support the rebate and do their own thing. That's a very simple and easy way that this would be solved. There would be no debate. Because they worded it wrong, they have made trouble for themselves. That was sweetwater's choice. What the routinely do I have no idea, this is the first time i've ever purchased anything from them. No one can assume that just because a company routinely uses a certain wording but means "rebate" that they're off the hook.
                      "Time flies like arrows, and fruit flies like bananas."

Comment

I am no rep, however I am a huge fan of both Sweetwater and Vox. Their customer service are both top notch.

The lists of savings on their website clearly shows what has already been subtracted from the retail price. If there is a factory rebate, it will be subtracted from the price. If it's a mail-in rebate, it will also show as subtracted from the price.

Right now, per their website, if I bought a Night Train 50, I know I'll be paying $699 even though the page shows $499. Until I hand in the sales receipt along with the printed rebate form I won't receive the $200 originally indicated on the sale price.

Basically, this might be a case of pilot error unless the OP can provide a copy of the original sales receipt with the indicated markdown.
                        AccountKiller

Comment

Originally posted by 9unslin9er View Post
                          I am no rep, however I am a huge fan of both Sweetwater and Vox. Their customer service are both top notch.

The lists of savings on their website clearly shows what has already been subtracted from the retail price. If there is a factory rebate, it will be subtracted from the price. If it's a mail-in rebate, it will also show as subtracted from the price.

Right now, per their website, if I bought a Night Train 50, I know I'll be paying $699 even though the page shows $499. Until I hand in the sales receipt along with the printed rebate form I won't receive the $200 originally indicated on the sale price.

Basically, this might be a case of pilot error unless the OP can provide a copy of the original sales receipt with the indicated markdown.
                          mmm yes that may be the case for many instances, but not here. I've seen what you're talking about before and this isn't it. It said $50 instant savings. The total was $250. I paid, out of my pocket, immediately, $250 for the amp. The vox website had a rebate form for $100 off of an nt15h. I didn't pay $350 and have to send in a rebate for $100 to get it for $250. I bought it for $250. No $50 rebate exists for the nt15h. This is the first time i've dealt with either, I'm interested to see how great the customer service from vox and sweetwater are after this fiasco..
                          "Time flies like arrows, and fruit flies like bananas."

Comment

That extra "Instant Savings" wasn't even there in the beginning during the first week. When they were initially put up the amp it looked like:

Retail Price $700.00
                            Sweetwater Savings -$400.01
                            Shipping Free!
                            Tech Support Free!
                            2-Year Warranty Free!
                            Sale Price:$299.99

Yet both Vox and SW are still claiming that the rebate was in that price. Now how would anyone know that? Its bull****. PERIOD.

Comment

And if you want to see the receipt/Invoice, here it is. Nothing there either about any savings or instant rebate given.
                              Here is one when they were supposed to be $199 after rebate:

Here is one when they were supposed to be $149 after rebate:

Comment

It's clear that those who bought it for $300 are owed a rebate. Most of my comments are about the people who got it for $250. That's when the "instant savings" was listed. I'm still curious whether the rebate was still being advertised when that "instant savings" was added.
                                Originally posted by LesStrat
                                Yogi Berra was correct.
                                Originally posted by JOLLY
                                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X