• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Bonamassa’s 5 Most Underrated Amps

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    I had to laugh when I saw this.

Playing and tone-wise Clapton castrated himself 45 years ago
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

He's the Kenny G of blues.

Comment

He only exists to make guys like this think they are listening to something cool and edgy.

They should just put a Joe Bonamassa CD in every Volvo and BMW before they send it out of the dealership.

Comment

You guys are hilarious! Thanks, I needed a good laugh :-) oh, BTW I'm a JB fan and I like Volvo cars ;-) Anyway, some of you have a valid point; his management seems to aim at "upper class" fans. He's playing in Amsterdam in March 2015, ticket prices €79,- and up. I think that's quite a bit over the top. Four years ago I payed €40,- for Clapton & Winwood. Oh well, maybe I should just stop whining and get in touch with the local golf / country club... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I posted the same thread on TGP and did a plug for the 68 custom reverb he likes! Some people get butt hurt I guess because he made and and you cant and he's a good blues rock player. But the TGP people got hurt because he dissed boutique amps because they blew up lol what ever he says he has a right and get over it.
            tone slut
            Marshall DSL 40C
            Fender EVH Striped Series
            Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
            Fender Squier Tele Affinity
            Mogami cables

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	joe-bonomasa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	5781009

Comment

Joe Bonamassa - uninspiring, boring, pretentious cork sniffing endorsement whore. For crying out loud he has signature CABLES! Since when did blues become "elitist" music? Anyone remember all those artists having only acoustic, or some cheap low wattage amp? I really don't like this guy and all that forced "guitar legend" aura around him.

This is actually inspiring:
                Barry Ryan playing some Blues on the Yamaha THR10 amp, using a Pacifica 311H Guitar.
                Last edited by Noisembryo; 09-25-2014, 08:21 AM.
                ---

Comment

Yes! An attention starved GC blues lawyer, my kinda guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Noisembryo View Post
                    Joe Bonamassa - uninspiring, boring, pretentious cork sniffing endorsement whore. For crying out loud he has signature CABLES! Since when did blues become "elitist" music? Anyone remember all those artists having only acoustic, or some cheap low wattage amp? I really don't like this guy and all that forced "guitar legend" aura around him.

This is actually inspiring:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF0_0Z5FI7I
                    Yep, Son House didn't need blue lasers to get his point across.

Comment

Never heard of him.
                      -
                      My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by LRS View Post
                        You guys are hilarious! Thanks, I needed a good laugh :-) oh, BTW I'm a JB fan and I like Volvo cars ;-) Anyway, some of you have a valid point; his management seems to aim at "upper class" fans. He's playing in Amsterdam in March 2015, ticket prices €79,- and up. I think that's quite a bit over the top. Four years ago I payed €40,- for Clapton & Winwood. Oh well, maybe I should just stop whining and get in touch with the local golf / country club... ;-)

That ticket price is pretentious. I hesitate to pay that much for artists who actually have AirPlay.
                        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Not about to get into BS about Joe, his music, his bluesyness or any of that childish bickering crap but I will say this....he's 100% right about those new Fender '68 Custom amps both the Deluxe and the Vibrolux sound killer.
                          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

his music is awesome! I like his old band "Black Country Communion" but I must admit I dig his old singer's new band "California Breed"

Comment

I like black lung heartache. Black Country Communion was cool, but didn't get dirty or hungry enough.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

We gotta love he put a Seymour Duncan AMP on there huh.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X