X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rockman Tone in 2017

Originally posted by LLL View Post
    Old. It's the new... new!
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

YouTube user bluenotes4ever publishes "Fool", recorded in 1985 on a four track Tascam Portastudio using a Rockman X100 for the guitar:

Comment

5-point deduction for violating thread topic, directly.

Comment

Here's another recently published video:

Comment

Not directly Rockman related, but this article had me thinking of this thread:

For the recording of UFO’s Obsession album, producer Ron Nevison rented a building that formerly was a U.S. Postal Service sorting facility, located on West Third Street near the center of Beverly Hil

So, Michael's best rhythm tones came from a 5" Pignose practice amp? And a guitar with .009-.040 strings? One could almost believe that the regular guitar forum tropes are incorrect!
            Last edited by Sirion; 10-08-2019, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Oh, and since this is my thread, I get to make post #500

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                Oh, and since this is my thread, I get to make post #500
                I agree with the above post.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                  Not directly Rockman related, but this article had me thinking of this thread:

For the recording of UFO’s Obsession album, producer Ron Nevison rented a building that formerly was a U.S. Postal Service sorting facility, located on West Third Street near the center of Beverly Hil

So, Michael's best rhythm tones came from a 5" Pignose practice amp? And a guitar with .009-.040 strings? One could almost believe that the regular guitar forum tropes are incorrect!
                  Of course, there's many things in the studio you can do to "fool" the listener.

It's funny, so many guitar players fail to even recognize the huge contribution the studio gives to (recorded) guitar tone; if at all.

The studio is as much a "member" of the band as any one else, and has by far the most expensive and complex "instruments".

Comment

This is kind of interesting. Harry Jacobson published a 1982 demo called "Bulletproof" recorded with a Rockman into a 4 track:

Comment

One of the guys I work with went to school to be a sound engineer. He was telling me about a session he did with Barry Goudreau. It seems Barry likes to stack his reverbs. It was a head-scratcher for me until it dawned on me that Eventide Space is a multitap reverb and in theory, is the same thing. Pretty cool IMO.

Comment

This is a cover of the "Pour Some Sugar on Me" song by YouTube user "Hack To Scratch Golf". All guitars are played with a Fender MIM strat through a Rockman x100 into GarageBand, with one exception that's highlighted in the notes:

Comment

I'm feeling like this thread is justifying me never letting go of my Rockman X100. Just saying...
                          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Or that you’ll get a great price for it.

Comment

Originally posted by rbc View Post
                              This is kind of interesting. Harry Jacobson published a 1982 demo called "Bulletproof" recorded with a Rockman into a 4 track:

Didn't hear this before now. It is crazy how that tone really defined a decade.

Comment

If anybody in the US has 10000$ to spare, now is the time to get your Rockman collection!

3 Rockman RMC Rack Heads with Rock Modules and 10 Remote Loops - Refreshed and in Metal EnclosuresHere is a chance to own a wonderful collection of Rockman Rock Modules in Rockman Heads. I spent years collecting all of these and had them all refurbished by David Accomando over the years. All modu...

Comment

Working...
                                X