Rockman Tone in 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rockman Tone in 2017

Well, if you want to get it out of the box I'd be happy to take it off your hands. Or send it to Vasshu the Humanoid Typhus to annoy him.

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
      To me it's made in 1968 but used on recordings from 1978 to 1982.

LOL

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
      WWRT?

(What would Roth think)

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
        WWRT?

(What would Roth think)
        It ain't rocket surgery!
        Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
          Well, if you want to get it out of the box I'd be happy to take it off your hands. Or send it to Vasshu the Humanoid Typhus to annoy him.
          I am tempted to unload it to someone who would dig it, it is cool for what it is, but I just don't find it inspiring to play... but it does nail Scholz' tone. I normally regret selling gear, even the stuff I don't use is fun to revisit from time to time... sometimes i'm pleasantly surprised but mostly i'm reminded why it's in the box.
          '76 Gibson Marauder
          '89 American Standard Strat
          '90 Peavey Vandenberg
          '00 Music Man Axis
          '82 Les Paul Custom
          '11 Gretsch 6120
          '14 Reverend Volcano
          Peavey Bravo 112
          Johnson JM150

Comment

I would certainly be interested if you decide to do so, especially since this is a refurbished unit. One thing that can be said about these units is that they break down over time, and finding somebody to fix it near me would be impossible.

Comment

I know. Once a modeller includes the ADA MP-1 and Rockman sounds I will seriously consider getting it. But I suppose it is a low-priority, since the opinions about them are mixed and the people who still love them tend to be Luddites.
              Ditto!! One of my guilty pleasures besides loving hair metal, is I also love the Rockman sound. And, Ive dreamed for years of getting an ADA MP-1 since so many guys used them back in the day. I have a Rockman headphone unit and a rack unit. (Chorus one) I almost never use the rack unit tho since I cant bypass it. Either use it, or there is no sound..
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

How does the chorus units sound today, compared to other choruses out there? I've loved chorus for as long as I have known what it is, and next year, when I finally can move back from the other side of the world and hopefully will have some extra money, I hope to be able to explore the finer aspects of the effect. And yes, that includes for distorted guitars.

If it is any good, you could look into a bypass looper.

Comment

Also, I can't believe a thread about Rockmans have passed 100 posts in 2017!

Comment

Also, I can't believe a thread about Rockmans have passed 100 posts in 2017!
                    I can.

Comment

Well, colour me impressed.

Comment

I'd love to have an X-100.
                        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                          I'd love to have an X-100.
                          They're cheap as hell on fleabay; generally what the original price was.

I still have mine from 1989; an X-100b

Comment

Well, colour me impressed.
                            One of these days when I have time I'm going to do vids on all my Rockman gear; separate and combined.

I have X100B, Sustainor, Distortion Generator, Stereo Chorus, Stereo Delay, MIDI Octopus

Comment

Sounds awesome! I know a guy who is selling some stuff back home. I would love to get my hands on it, but lack money and the fact that I will probably have to have all the units refurbished is hindering me, hence this thread.

Comment

Sounds awesome! I know a guy who is selling some stuff back home. I would love to get my hands on it, but lack money and the fact that I will probably have to have all the units refurbished is hindering me, hence this thread.
                                There's a dude named Dave Accommando (or something) here in the states that did Rockman refurbs. Don't know if he's still in business, but if he is, he might have some refurbs for sale.

EDIT: company is called Perfect Sound Rock Refurbs.

Also, Rockman forum here: rockman-gearup.com

Also, great info website here: www.rockman.fr
                                Last edited by LLL; 08-05-2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X