Helix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Helix

The craziest thing is that I've learned better ways to program the HD 500 since I bought the Helix.
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

You know, the clips of the Helix I've heard were like 100x better than the HD500. I owned the HD500. I couldn't get those sounds out of it.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Just a little heads up about interfaces, and what I have experienced with Native. I started out using my old Line 6 UX2. It's been reliable over the years and has worked well with everything. But it didn't get along with Native, for whatever reason, at least with Native in my laptop. I had latency I couldn't get rid of, weird pops and clicks that I couldn't get rid of, it made EZDrummer2 act weird and crash it's audio engine, and would overdrive my signal.

So I bought a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and those problems went away. I'm not saying that this is "the" interface to buy, but it's a good one it use with Native. Very very little latency (you really really have to listen to perceive it), it sounds better with all of my plugins than the UX2, and the other weirdness I was having is gone.
        Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Interesting.

What are you interfacing? Are you plugging a guitar or other instrument into the interface and using Native to get your tone?

Teknon Theou
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Interesting.

What are you interfacing? Are you plugging a guitar or other instrument into the interface and using Native to get your tone?

Dave, I'd have to agree. I like the HD500, but the Helix is light years ahead.

Teknon Theou

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
              Interesting.

Yes, I'm running my guitar into Native via Reaper. Native is the DAW plugin version of Helix.

Comment

A year later, and the helix remains the best equipment purchase I've made, after my #1 guitar.

I do occasionally have to adjust output volumes, but that is less frequent than I would have to adjust an amplifier.

I'm seriously considering selling my amp. I haven't plugged it in for over a year.

Teknon Theou

Comment

I don't use my amp since I got my Fractal. I did just order the HX Effects. It gets here Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                    A year later, and the helix remains the best equipment purchase I've made, after my #1 guitar.

I do occasionally have to adjust output volumes, but that is less frequent than I would have to adjust an amplifier.

I'm seriously considering selling my amp. I haven't plugged it in for over a year.
                    I've had mine for over 2 years now, and still love it. It's my main rig. And so far, I've sold off my Splawn, Super Sonic 60, and gave away my little practice amp. I still have my VTM120, JVM, and Triple Rec Reborn. The VTM was my first amp and the JVM is the first amp I modded, so there's sentimental value there. I'd sell the Recto, but the other guitarist in my band is using it because his XXX is on the fritz.

Comment

• Re: Helix

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      I don't use my amp since I got my Fractal. I did just order the HX Effects. It gets here Friday.
                      You'll be amazed at what it can do. I love my H&K Grandmeister Deluxe 40 too much to go full Helix, but upgrading from a M13 as a no brainer.
                      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                        You'll be amazed at what it can do. I love my H&K Grandmeister Deluxe 40 too much to go full Helix, but upgrading from a M13 as a no brainer.
                        Today is the day it shows up, but I will be off to a gig, so I will dive into programming it tomorrow. I've ued an M13 and M9 since they came out, so it shouldn't be too bad, and I can also replicate my old tones as the new HX effects contains all the old models, too.

Comment

Same here on the M13, but some of the effects are really nice to have (The Klon sim, for instance).

So far, the effect I'm still dialing is the gate, since both of the HX's gates work in a slightly different way from the Global gate on the M13. Still, I'm sure I'll work it out in time.

Congrats on the buy, and hope you have fun with it!
                          Last edited by Synapsys; 07-20-2018, 10:03 AM.
                          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            Today is the day it shows up, but I will be off to a gig, so I will dive into programming it tomorrow. I've ued an M13 and M9 since they came out, so it shouldn't be too bad, and I can also replicate my old tones as the new HX effects contains all the old models, too.
                            Dave, I've seen nothing but good reviews. The editor is supposed to be available now, too.

Teknon Theou

Comment

Well, home at 1am, and a delivery notice on the door. I guess I have to pick it up at the post office tomorrow...and I was hoping to sleep till 3 or so.

Comment

Tried my HXFX today at rehearsal for the first time, thinking I'd have loads of adjustments to do.

Apart from a tweak in delay mix and time, all sounded stellar. The sounds seem to be way more organic and transparent than the ones I got with the M13.

So far I'm only using HX sounds, don't if the M13 effects we tweaked to HX quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X