Helix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Helix

Picked up mine at the post office, and only had time to update it with the latest firmware, and download the manuals, install the software, etc. I will be testing it today. I am impressed that there is a preset called 'Kings Lead Hat', though.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Updates?
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Well...
        There are some things to get used to, being that it is designed closer to the Helix than it is to the M-series. I found most of the sounds I like are the legacy ones from the M-series, too. The looper is not global, so if you have a loop going and switch to a patch without it (or a different type of looper) then it stops dead. Also, when using the 1 button looper, in order to clear the loop, you have to press & hold, which plays about 1 second of the loop. Fun.

I am undecided if I am going to keep it. It sounds great, but I already have an M9, and I am not gaining a lot by 'upgrading' it seems. It has a different way of working, and other than looking nice with pretty colored lights, it seems like a sideways move for now.

Comment

We do a service walk through every Sunday morning, including playing all of the songs that are planned. When we finished playing, my pastor (also a guitarist) said, “Your guitar tones are amazing!”

Line 6.

Teknon Theou
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I did wind up reselling my HX Effects. There were too many compromises compared to the M series. If it was $300, I would have kept it, but I didn't want $600 wrapped up in it.

Comment

Has anybody tried the HX Stomp yet? It looks like it could be used as a complete rig for smaller gigs by itself, from the way it is described.

Comment

My buddy is Fractal and Friedman Artist -he gave me a nice run through the system recently.

It was really hard for me to stand in front of his rig and accept how amazing his digital presets were.

It's like I didn't want to open that can of worms or Pandoras box for me personally.

I would have to carry too much baggage in.....

I was also impressed with the Helix system.

Now I will go back to pretending like it's not the future.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                  Has anybody tried the HX Stomp yet? It looks like it could be used as a complete rig for smaller gigs by itself, from the way it is described.
                  Well, it is a full Helix in a smaller box. It is great if you use presets. But not so great if you want control of those effects within a preset.

Comment

downloaded the Helix Native 15 day free trial...got it up and running...must be doing something wrong because it sure ain't nothing close to Fractal...

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
                      downloaded the Helix Native 15 day free trial...got it up and running...must be doing something wrong because it sure ain't nothing close to Fractal...
                      There's definitely a learning curve with these modelers and it's mostly that the default cabs in the combined amp+ cab blocks aren't always a great choice. Another thing is that dual cab blocks usually sound better. The most important trick though is the high and low cut block at the end - the cab models for some reason allow frequencies beyond what a guitar speaker can really output, so you get a weird hifi sound.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, they're a band from Canada.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VA1_0699-Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	5812642

Famous for their hit single "Rock You" in the 80s:

Last edited by LLL; 01-18-2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

I discovered Helix and Krokus the same day – two good but not great bands.

Comment

The Stomp is the Helix in small form, with less memory. You can only have 6 blocks per preset. M

that's enough for most folks. For most of what I do it would be enough.

Teknon Theou

Comment

Day 5 on the Helix native **** canned it...not anywhere close to Fractal...keeps up with Guitar Rig but not as easy to use...Yamaha needs to jump in to Line 6 with more than money and management guidance....a Yamaha modeler based on the Fractal system would kick butt....me thinks...

Comment

I discovered Helix and Krokus the same day – two good but not great bands.
                                Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X