New amp day BOOGIE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New amp day BOOGIE!

Yeah, because virtuoso metal heads want an amp that's forgiving and hides all their mistakes.
    Well, the wannabees might. But a transparent amp that highlights the sound of each individual guitar/pickup combo and leaves no place to hide sounds like a dream. Sure, EMG's, but I'll bet plenty of others sound good too.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      Yeah, because virtuoso metal heads want an amp that's forgiving and hides all their mistakes.
      Well, the wannabees might. But a transparent amp that highlights the sound of each individual guitar/pickup combo and leaves no place to hide sounds like a dream. Sure, EMG's, but I'll bet plenty of others sound good too.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
      A virtuoso rarely makes mistakes. Wannabes... Oh, those wannabes! lol I use triad sweep arps, occasionally. I don't listen to much of it these days, but back in the day I enjoyed listening to Tony MacAlpine and early Yngwie.

Overly transparent amps (IMO) are best used for country, jazz, reggae, and progressive rock. I prefer (Marshall, VOX, Ampeg) coloring for rock and blues play. I say EMG, because they have an inherent compression; which adds some color to the Boogie circuit. It's a personal preference. For me, MESA amplifiers are pretty-much good for nothing. Amplifiers that are trying to sound like other amplifiers, but never really (no pun intended) hit the mark. Mesa/Boogie should have stuck with making Boogie amps. Although, I've heard good things about their Marshall based Electa-Dyne. I'd rather own a Marshall. If I could get a Boogie Mark V constructed with tin/lead solder, I'd be all over it! I'd have to purchased a guitar with EMG's, but that's AOK with me.
      Last edited by 67Mopar; 08-27-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Just for kicks...

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
          REALLY?? Than what is it? Yes it is not a cascading super high gain amp like a Mark but is still 100% a BOOGIE.
          the entire front end of a Rectifier series amp is a Mike Soldano design not Aspen Pittman but they are still 100% BOOGIES!!!
          Not sure what the founder of Groove Tubes has to do with anything here.
          Last edited by devastone; 08-27-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
            Not sure what the founder of Groove Tubes has to do with anything here.
            Brain fart on the designer and founder for Boogie it's Randall Smith not Pittman.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by 67Mopar View Post
              Only the Mark series amplifiers are Boogie amps. All other amps are MESA.
              The Marks were the first amps no doubt. I have never connected with most of the Mark series amps as they just never "felt" right to me as a player being I played Marshalls for many years. Most Marks feel stiff and hard to me + I find can get muddy and undefined at high gain and lack touch sensitivity. I frankly prefer the suff Bruce Zinky doies to most Boogies but his amps don't have the nice loops of the Mesa amps I own.
              A BIG logo across the front of all my amps tells me something different on my Dual Caliber Caliber and Subway Rocket Amps as to what they are MESA/BOOGIES!
              Last edited by Ascension; 08-28-2018, 02:14 AM.
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
              X