Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I took the plunge....

Originally posted by ErikH
    That's pretty darn good for that combo (amp and cab). I've seen much higher prices, closer to $2k.
    I had done some freelance work for his shop and he owed me for that, and I knew he had got a good deal on it. I needed some room for the re-tube because I heard teh microphonics the other day.

Luke
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke
      No, I didn't do as well as you Joe.

I got both, (with the original speaker cable lol) for $1300
      Nice Score Bro!
      *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
      Originally posted by Slash2987
      Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
      Originally posted by PVFan
      I'm a good sex man.
      Originally posted by Grumpy
      I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Yeah, that's a very fair price for that mint halfstack. Most at that price look like they've been gigged for two decades.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

No, I didn't do as well as you Joe.

I got both, (with the original speaker cable lol) for $1300
          hell the heads alone are going for $900+ on ebay right now crazy a few years ago you couldn't give em away .
          Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
          Suhr OD-50
          Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Originally posted by shred-dog
            hell the heads alone are going for $900+ on ebay right now crazy a few years ago you couldn't give em away .
            It's hard to believe that, but I guess it makes sense. It is pretty close if not a dead ringer to the original 800s, but its got the hybrid head front. Large script, small plate, all tolex covered. I actually thing the look is very distinguished.

Luke
            “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

It's hard to believe that, but I guess it makes sense. It is pretty close if not a dead ringer to the original 800s, but its got the hybrid head front. Large script, small plate, all tolex covered. I actually thing the look is very distinguished.

Luke
              Actually, it is exactly what the 800's of the MV's are/were. The JMP 2203/2204 circuits are the same as in the JCM800 2203/2204. The only difference is the chasis and other outside features.

Comment

Actually, it is exactly what the 800's of the MV's are/were. The JMP 2203/2204 circuits are the same as in the JCM800 2203/2204. The only difference is the chasis and other outside features.
                Shhh...
                *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
                Originally posted by Slash2987
                Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
                Originally posted by PVFan
                I'm a good sex man.
                Originally posted by Grumpy
                I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Being the model numbers were the same I had wondered, but I didn't want to talk out any orifices....well any more than normal.

lol at TGB

Comment

well they are the same in the early 800s for sure..but didn't Marshall start changing alot of the guts on the 2203/4 in the mid to late 80s?

oppps sorry...

ignore my post...JMPs are most certainly not 800s...

not even close...

nope...

in fact...

they suck...

Luke I'll give 5 bucks for it...
                    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

That really is a great deal on that halfstack, but DO NOT sell your new PRS!
                      It's not that difficult to absorb $1300, but you'll kick yourself if you let go of the blue PRS with white Duncans! You'll lose a ton of money on it too. Keep it! Jeez, and play it on the Marshall. That's a winning tone combo, if you ask me.

By the way, which of your OD pedals sounds the best on this amp?
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                        That really is a great deal on that halfstack, but DO NOT sell your new PRS!
                        It's not that difficult to absorb $1300, but you'll kick yourself if you let go of the blue PRS with white Duncans! You'll lose a ton of money on it too. Keep it! Jeez, and play it on the Marshall. That's a winning tone combo, if you ask me.

By the way, which of your OD pedals sounds the best on this amp?
                        Well I just got a pretty nice raise so the wife and I will discuss it, but the problem is I'm lusting for a Heritage 535 on top of everything else!

The OD pedals.

The Pup booster gives me more of the same. No coloring to speak of. The SD-1 gives me more grind and midrange. It introduces a lot of harmonics too. When the amp is able to do its thing either pedal works great for leads, when the amp is down a bit lower I like to use the booster for rythym and the SD-1 for leads.

I haven't REALLY cranked it but once so for non-apartment destroying levels I use both pedals on the Z, and the JMP for very high gain at low levels, but we all know how great that sounds.

Luke

Comment

Working...
                        X