Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Did you read the article?

yep i read it, its all conjecture. Marketing bling.

Comment

When pigs fly >>>>>>>>

Comment

They were overwhelmed with the response from manufacturers alone, then the aftermarket response hit. The market is huge and there aren't going to be as many competitors out there going forward.

I can't see any of this as a bad thing at all. A quality company that has the ways and means to make tubes for our needs, I totally support this.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Probably make the news even lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	Western_Electric_News-first_edition_cover-1912March-V1-1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	6160391
          My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Makes me think of John Galt.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Never happen.
              They don't have the tooling or talent for guitar amp tubes
              Who's going to pay $1300 for WE tubes for their Boogera.
              Where did you get $1300 as a price?

Comment

Who's going to pay $1300 for WE tubes for their Boogera.
                Will you stop making up numbers? These aren't stupid people. They know guitar players won't spend $100 on 12AX7s en masse.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

Will you stop making up numbers? These aren't stupid people. They know guitar players won't spend $100 on 12AX7s en masse.
                  He's saying that because they currently sell matched Quad 300Bs tubes for 3100.00 and their amp for 16,000.00

It's esoteric audiophile gear, and their tubes are handmade in USA.

So while he's guessing -his point is still valid

If they make tubes for guitarists in USA -they will be prestige level tubes -and very very expensive. granted not as expensive as a 300B which is about as complicated as a damn Klystron tube to make.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I can hear it now - Blues Lawyer Tubes - ugh
                    My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

Where did you get $1300 as a price?
                      Western Electric is selling their 300Bs for $1499 per matched pair. They're either going to target the high end market for guitar players or alter their business model.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

I spend $100 or more on NOS Amperex ECC-83 / 12AX7's all the time. I don't use current production tubes except maybe as a loop driver.
                        Speaking of "making up numbers" thats exactly what Western Electric is going to do.
                        You think an American Company is going to make a quad of new EL-34's for less than $100 buck, not a chance.
                        Last edited by JMP/HBE; 03-25-2022, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Bottom-line is vacuum tubes are dying off. US Companies bailed 45 years ago. There is no one Company thats going to "save the tube industry" or meet the needs of the worlds guitar players.
                          There will always be some sort of vacuum tubes floating around. whether they will be worth a crap or the money they ask for is up to individual interpretation.

Comment

I spend $100 or more on NOS Amperex ECC-83 / 12AX7's all the time. I don't use current production tubes except maybe as a loop driver.
                            Speaking of "making up numbers" thats exactly what Western Electric is going to do.
                            You think an American Company is going to make a quad of new EL-34's for less than $100 buck, not a chance.
                            $100 for a quad of American made El34’s is a great price. I’d pay that all day long.
                            Last edited by Gtrjunior; 03-26-2022, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post

Western Electric is selling their 300Bs for $1499 per matched pair. They're either going to target the high end market for guitar players or alter their business model.
                              Right, I get that. But the article mentions they would sell guitar based tubes at a reasonable price. Now, “reasonable” varies from consumer to consumer, of course. And nobody is going to pay $1300.
                              But for $25-30 each for an American EL34…I feel that’s more than reasonable. We will just have to wait and see what kind of prices they slap on their products, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

$100 for a quad of American made El34’s of is a great price. I’d pay that all day long.
                                Um yeah who wouldn't. Maybe in 1967 but never in 2022.
                                Russian EL-34 quads were $98 3 weeks ago. Now $300+ if you can even find them.
                                Lots of vendors have them just sitting on them.
                                Vacuum tubes are the new Crack.
                                Last edited by JMP/HBE; 03-26-2022, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X