“Best” aka your favorite Lunchbox Amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    One thing to consider here. I run a small amp mostly because they are light and portable as grab and go rigs for small gigs. I have found that many of the mini heads in particular don't really play nice at bedroom levels. Examples would be the Jet City (owned 2 of the 22H 20 watt channel switching heads a regular and a Custom) my Boogie F 30 the PRS MT 15 ect. On the other hand I have had and still have 50 to 100 watt full size amps that are very good at lower volume tones. My 50 watt real US built first gen PRS Archon for example is much easier to control at bedroom levels than my little MT 15 is. Small size and low wattage doesn't necessarily mean the amp is easy to use at low volumes!! Just be aware of this!
    That’s very interesting.

I’m actually thinking of one of the EVH LBX amps with a 1x12” loaded with a Greenback.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I love my Mesa Mark V which has a 10 watt mode.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

My only 'lunchbox' solution isn't in a box (though there is an enclosure version, just more expensive). It's an Emery Sound SuperBaby. Puts out maybe 12 watts max. I bought it so I could use up my mis-matched single octal tubes and have a low-wattage practice amp that sounded like the big amps. I run it into an old Randall 1x12 cab with a Celestion G12H 70th Anniversary speaker. Sounds like a big amp, except you can talk over it.

Comment

For me, it’s a Micro Dark with a 5751, into a 10” Greenback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
          X