banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather have a Mark V or three $1000 guitars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
    I'll take a Dual Rec way over a Mark V anyway.
    Honestly, same. But I wouldn't say no to a Mark either.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 03-03-2023, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know if there will be a new Mark VI amp or a Ve or something else? The V was released in 2009. Its perfect amp except it doesn't have midi control.

So... I just got a 20% coupon from MF. Did everyone get this? MF used to send out coupons to everyone on their mailing list, but I havent been getting them.

What did I do? Last week I put a guitar in the shopping cart and spent alot of time browsing their site, but didn't actually buy anything. Maybe that is what it takes to get a nice coupon?
      Last edited by Top-L; 03-03-2023, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
        Does anyone know if there will be a new Mark VI amp or a Ve or something else? The V was released in 2009. Its perfect amp except it doesn't have midi control.

So... I just got a 20% coupon from MF. Did everyone get this? MF used to send out coupons to everyone on their mailing list, but I havent been getting them.

What did I do? Last week I put a guitar in the shopping cart and spent alot of time browsing their site, but didn't actually buy anything. Maybe that is what it takes to get a nice coupon?
        Does their need to be? It’s not in iPhone. When you take an amp to its logical conclusion and it provides great sounds and will forever, there’s not a lot of point making another model number up unless there’s features people are absolutely begging for.

My best sounding amps are from the 90’s, the most recent released 2008-2011. I’m not saying “don’t make a Mark VI,” just that amp companies ask the important questions such as “why? What’s really new? Does it bring anything truly innovative to the table?” and not just jerking around the customers to make a buck.
        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
          I remember there was some talk of it on Rig Talk. Let me see if I can dig up the post.

*EDIT* here it is. Nothing concrete, though. https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threa...0/post-3071398

If they do release it, it's going to EXPENSIVE.

If you need MIDI, why not look into the JP2C?
          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 03-03-2023, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
            I remember there was some talk of it on Rig Talk. Let me see if I can dig up the post.

*EDIT* here it is. Nothing concrete, though. https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threa...0/post-3071398

If they do release it, it's going to EXPENSIVE.

If you need MIDI, why not look into the JP2C?
            Good point. I don't need an amp, the thought about the V is that it would be the last amp I ever need to buy. I've been reading about it and with its complexity, people have problems switching it and getting the channels to balance.

Comment

I still wouldn't mind a Mark V:25 to mess around with at home. I don't particularly like thrash metal, but that late 80's/early 90's tone is yummm. The Mark V:25 seems to be like the cheapest way to get in the ballpark nowadays that the IIC+'s are starting to get ridiculous Dumble satus. Even the III's.

I still think it's such an oversight on Mesa that they make many amps without a 16 ohm tap.

Comment

I cured my gas by buying a $5 truefire lesson on sale. Whew!

Comment

I still wouldn't mind a Mark V:25 to mess around with at home. I don't particularly like thrash metal, but that late 80's/early 90's tone is yummm. The Mark V:25 seems to be like the cheapest way to get in the ballpark nowadays that the IIC+'s are starting to get ridiculous Dumble satus. Even the III's.

I still think it's such an oversight on Mesa that they make many amps without a 16 ohm tap.
                  “Rex Rocker” (which is a lot like Rex Brown’s old stage name) doesn’t particularly like thrash metal?!

Chicanery! Shenanigans! Say it ain’t so!
                  The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Comment

Is Pantera thrash metal? I wouldn't think so, is it? Cerainly sounds nothing like 80's Overkill, for example, LOL.

But yeah, Pantera is one of my favorite bands, LOL.
                    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 03-03-2023, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Is Pantera thrash metal? I wouldn't think so, is it? Cerainly sounds nothing like 80's Overkill, for example, LOL.

But yeah, Pantera is one of my favorite bands, LOL.
                      No but they follow the lineage. Heresy, Hostile, Rise and so on wouldn’t be without thrash and usually Pantera fans like plenty of thrash bands too. If Overkill is your reference point I can understand why you might not like it as much as you could but there’s so many kinds, teutonic is a particularly awesome flavour.

To think Ride the Lightning was the heaviest thing anyone had ever heard in 1984 while a completely unknown Sodom was making essentially black metal without even realising it. That too, totally an acquired taste, the sound is lo-fi, rough-as-guts but Outbreak of Evil literally sounds like an elevator descending down into hell and it's awesome.

I would recommend Agent Orange though (the song and the album.) Those riffs!

Comment

Oh, yeah, they get thrashy. But so does At the Gates.

Honeslty, I don't mind some of the heavier thrash form the 80's. It's just Metallica and Megadeth I'm not into. Or at leas not as into as everyone is, LOL.

Comment

Oh, yeah, they get thrashy. But so does At the Gates.

Honeslty, I don't mind some of the heavier thrash form the 80's. It's just Metallica and Megadeth I'm not into. Or at leas not as into as everyone is, LOL.
                          That’s fair, they’re at the lighter end of the spectrum.

Comment

My 2 cents, I consider Pantera thrash, and I am a huge fan

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              My 2 cents, I consider Pantera thrash, and I am a huge fan
                              I wonder… How many rotations of a huge fan can you get for 2 cents?

Comment

Not a Mesa fan myself. So I'd pass on the Mark V.... Good amp, just not my flavor.

I vote guitars! Or maybe 2 guitars and 1k worth of pedals!
                                https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Working...
                                X