banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather have a Mark V or three $1000 guitars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How 'bout one fine & fun guitar, one crazy mothafken 2x12 and you're left with some spare cash to splurge on a 2nd hand 5150 with 6l6? Huh, how 'bout that eh? Chugga shucka chucka shah djj djj kuh chucka ddjjjuh chu chug for days!
    Last edited by AdrianSD; 03-04-2023, 06:13 AM.

Comment

For me? 3 guitars so I'd have more platforms for pickups/strings/tunings. I have too many amps already, and I can work on guitars all day and amps never.

For you? The Mesa!

Comment

I adore my Mark IV, there is a great variety of sounds in there to keep me coming back and the tube swapping gives you a different palette too!

Some say the V is more versatile, but also more polite than the IV, with less teeth. I've never sat down for more than 5 minutes with the V at a store and that time, I didn't hear anything I couldn't do with my beloved Boogie.

Since you don't already have a high end tube amp, I say get the Mark V - and know that as your tonal tastes evolve over time, that amp can flex with you. 3x midrange guitars vs 1x excellent amp, no contest IMO and it will be way more satisfying

Sent from my SM-F926W using Tapatalk

Last edited by Metalman_666; 03-04-2023, 04:25 PM.
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
          Honestly, same. But I wouldn't say no to a Mark either.
          Had my first band practice yesterday evening, first time since Covid. We were at a different rehearsal space since our last one burned down apparently. Anyway, I plugged into a Dual Rec (apparently an early 90's Rev G) /Mesa 4x12 they had there . Man, what a glorious sound

Not that I'd say no to a Mark V, but Recto's are where it's at for me, such a distinctive tone.
          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Well I have a Mark V 35 -and its a great amp, that said it's not as good as my Fender Deluxe or Marshall with regards to distinct mojo -so I just dont use it as much, but it is about as versatile of an amp as you could ever own for sure.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

Had my first band practice yesterday evening, first time since Covid. We were at a different rehearsal space since our last one burned down apparently. Anyway, I plugged into a Dual Rec (apparently an early 90's Rev G) /Mesa 4x12 they had there . Man, what a glorious sound

Not that I'd say no to a Mark V, but Recto's are where it's at for me, such a distinctive tone.
              Hear here! I love my 2ch Dual Rec. Whether blended or on it’s own, as loose or as tight as you like, it’s what you plug into when you want things to sound Big!
              The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Personally I'd most likely spend it on something else...but for in this case I think I'd get a mark V:35 and a guitar.

Comment

Gotta be a JMP >

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Gotta be a JMP >
                    3K for six knobs. That is $500 for each knob.

The Mark V is around $50 per knob/slider/switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

3K for six knobs. That is $500 for each knob.

The Mark V is around $50 per knob/slider/switch.

HAAAAAA

but you forgot to count all of the switches on the back! more like $20 a knob/slider/switch
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

HAAAAAA

but you forgot to count all of the switches on the back! more like $20 a knob/slider/switch
                        Its true! The only better value in guitar amplification is the Hughes and Kettner TriAmp.

Comment

The great news about the MK V is there's room for at least 20 more knobs ...

Comment

Soo... apparently there will be a Mark VII announcement soon, perhaps tomorrow.

There was a leak about a new midi switching Mark, and someone said 3700 price tag. That sounds like an amp that would last me a lifetime. Might could drop 3500 on something like that.

Its always a good idea to kick the can down the road on discretionary purchases.

Comment

There was a leak about a new midi switching Mark, and someone said 3700 price tag. That sounds like an amp that would last me a lifetime. Might could drop 3500 on something like that.

Its always a good idea to kick the can down the road on discretionary purchases.
                              Very cool! While it is still more amp than I need, I am happy they continue to develop the idea. I am happy with my simple 1 channel 5-knob Mesa.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Gibson owns Mesa now so you can plan on a $3500 amp of theirs going for $7K.

Comment

Working...
                                X