banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could all famous amp models become Tonemasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post

It really is a shame. I was reading a thread on another site where a guy was complaining about an amp that I know sounds amazing but sounds flat and thin to him. He said the amp was a piece of crap. It dawned on me today that 99% of the negative posts on the web about gear are from people who do not know how to dial it in. These days, it is possible to get a great tone with even the most budget gear. But yes, a JCM 900 is a piece of crap.
    Well, we live in a preset society. Press a button, get a sound. No one wants to turn the knobs or explore the gear they already have.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I like my Mesa boogie and my orange crush. I also got a nice 4x12 speaker cabinet from Hiwatt. I run either amp quieter than I would with the 1-12 combo speakers. The crush is supposed to model the orange tube amp with op amps in place of the tubes. My boogie is the mark 1 reissue and it has the tweed switch and the 60/100 switch, so it’s at 22 watts. I have a couple pedals for my metal fix. I like the crush for home volumes, but boogie when I’m home alone!
      Last edited by treedroppings; 04-13-2024, 01:20 AM.
      Newspaper article fame, is a most Ironic form of game.
      www.exodusattack.com/forum/index.php

Comment

most times they scoop something
        all bass and treble and no mids

or all mids and no bass or treble

almost all the amps I have
        I can get a useable tone with the knobs at noon (midway)

or very close to that

I saw on the internet some time back about strumming and moving the knobs to find the "step" where the controls kick in

I never could make that work on my gear

maybe I'm deaf
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
        X