No announcement yet.

I think I found my cab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as far the cab, its a great cab. and i love greenbacks for rock. if my amp didnt have a 16 ohm tap, i might look elsewhere though

Comment

You should get the cab and use your two 16ohm t75s and do the t75/m25 x-pattern.
      Then use the other green pair to load the 212.

Comment

Wait I just looked on Mesa's website at the old Stiletto manuals.

They have no 16ohm output! No reason to even be looking at this cab. Ace why didn't you mention the lack of a 16ohm output?

God bless rectifiers!

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
          I disagree. They have great tonal characteristics. And that's why people like them. They are underpowered, they sing with a great voice.

But they are well known for being saggy, they get fat and flubby under tight chugs. There are a hundred speakers that do better at being tight and Uber responsive.
          Depends on what you want. I don't mind a bit of sag in my chuggs, but I'm only tuning to Drop C. If I was doing Messhuggah, yeah, for sure, not my first choice.

They're not THAT saggy, IMO. It's not like they're unusably muddy. At least not the modern ones. I hear they get a little gritty, but I don't hear them fart out either. But I've never tried them in anything smaller than 4x12. But maybe the tone we're going for is different. I do prefer some more old-school-sounding speakers. I've never gotten along with K-100's, T75's or EVM12L's. But that's just me.

Plenty of pro touring metal bands use the EVH 4x12.

Then again, depends on what you're putting through them. Not my first choice for a Recto either. And your Mode Four would certainly destroy them, LOL.
          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 03-24-2023, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            what is that zoom disaster?
            He had a coupon.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

They have no 16ohm output! No reason to even be looking at this cab. Ace why didn't you mention the lack of a 16ohm output?

God bless rectifiers!

Comment

He could sell/trade off those greenbacks and put some 8ohm V30's, K100's, or something really sweet in there.

That's exactly what I did with my 1960ax when I got it, traded the greenies for some V30's or T-75's if I remember correctly.
                https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

God bless rectifiers!
                  I'd just run the 8 into it.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I'd just run the 8 into it.

Comment

Go big or don't go

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
                        He could sell/trade off those greenbacks and put some 8ohm V30's, K100's, or something really sweet in there.

That's exactly what I did with my 1960ax when I got it, traded the greenies for some V30's or T-75's if I remember correctly.
                        Downgrade.

I kid I kid.

Comment

He's not going to blow anything. The amp will be darker with less punch. Might be fine for rock and classic metal.

I wouldn't get it myself because why pay foe something that ain't quite perfect when there are plenty of 8ohm cabs out there, plus I play in the death/thrash/black realm almost exclusively (unless I'm in the mood for trippy/erie phased/delayed/reverbed cleans),,,,,,so I want max punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I know that an Amps output in Ohms, needs to see that much or MORE on the other end.

So 16 into 4 cab, yeah....that's a bad idea. But 8 into 16 - not a problem, electrically speaking.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I know that an Amps output in Ohms, needs to see that much or MORE on the other end.
                              I know you do.

Comment

ideally it should be matched with a tube amp, but 8ohm out into 16ohm cab wont hurt anything as long as the trannys are well built. as others have said, might sound a bit different though

Comment

Working...
                                X