I don't THINK this is the placebo effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Of Late View Post
    ...if you hear a difference that you like…that’s all that matters.
    That's all I'm trying to say happened. I haven't spent time recording before and after. I don't really care. It's about how I perceive the difference, and in all likelihood, I'll end up swapping again, but getting a small but noticeable tonal upgrade for $13 seems worth the price to me.

For what it's worth, I think there might be slightly less noise as well.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

That's all I'm trying to say happened. I haven't spent time recording before and after. I don't really care. It's about how I perceive the difference, and in all likelihood, I'll end up swapping again, but getting a small but noticeable tonal upgrade for $13 seems worth the price to me.

For what it's worth, I think there might be slightly less noise as well.
      I also absolutely think it’s worth the price to swap tubes. It’s worth even more to me than $13, but whatever you spend and get a return that you appreciate…that is the point that matters. There are a bunch of people that don’t hear the difference in tubes. They can spend their $13 on a Big Mac combo or something!!

Play more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
        It is the placebo effect. If the tube isn’t defective or way out of spec, it does very little.

https://youtu.be/VaO7MmghoqA?si=X2AgGJns1VRXMzlS
        I don't agree, I mean it's not always clear the effect, but differences in construction make differences in various parameters, say microphonicity (sometimes making difference in resonance freqs and armonical contexts) , capacitance, inductance ecc. , all these things could have an audible impact

Comment

Working...
        X