Pedalboard project - phase 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedalboard project - phase 1

So after being unhappy with my current board being a wee bit to small for my current needs (by a few inches in each direction) and some other impracticalities of the design of it, I've decided to build my own from the ground up.

Here's the first step towards my new weapons of sonic warfare - mapping out the ranks.

From bottom right going clockwise we have
    ~ a Boss TU2 tuner
    ~ a Crybaby 535Q wah with Fasel
    ~ a single-button Marshall footswitch thats been slightly rewired at the tip to work on the channel-switching for the Carvin
    ~ a Fulltone OCD Drive
    ~ a Fulltone Ultimate Octave
    ~ a Boss DD20 GigaDelay
    ~ an MXR Flanger.

The tape outlines you see are the guidelines I'm going to use to build he board for all this crap to sit on. The delay and the flanger are going to sit on their own riser that'll be 2.5 inches higher than the rest of the board, and the power supplies will sit under that riser.

As far as signal goes, the tuner, wah, OCD, and Octave pedals are going to be in front of the amp, in that order. The flanger and the delay will be in the FX loop, also in that order. A buffer of some sort is going to be in the signal chain somewhere, but I'm not sure where yet.

Stay tuned.

Re: Pedalboard project - phase 1

Looks cool! Keep us updated with lots of pics!
    There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Comment

Good start bro!

Good luck!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Nice "Your Mom" pedal...

Comment

Originally posted by msawitzke
          Nice "Your Mom" pedal...
          Well it was blank and black with a good amount of real estate on the surface. I had to do SOMETHING with it! :6:

Making "your mom" jokes and seeing who can come up with the worst double entendre is a favorite pastime among my bandmates.

I think I win in this respect because I step on "your mom" when i want dirty sounds and she lights up when i do it!

Comment

dood wtf do u need all that 4?
            "They're gonna throw fruit at us. And I JUST had a facial."

Comment

Originally posted by falloutboyroXXX
              dood wtf do u need all that 4?
              When you're a local musician in demand who plays multiple styles in two bands, you MIGHT need additional tools to cover such soundscapes. Besides I actually use ALL of them fairly frequently and two of those don't even process actual sound (tuner and amp switcher).

Any other questions?

Comment

yeah. why are u in a band w/ chopstherocker. he plays bluez crap.
                "They're gonna throw fruit at us. And I JUST had a facial."

Comment

The 'Your Mom' pedal is brilliant. An OD builder should use that name........although you thought of it.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Looks good! Take pics when your done!
                    Lava Man
                    Lava Cable
                    Your One-Stop High End Custom Cable Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                      The 'Your Mom' pedal is brilliant. An OD builder should use that name........although you thought of it.
                      I and the rest of the band think it's quite dumb actually... but that was kind of the point.

Maybe I should start a line of "insult" pedals. Any suggestions for future moel names?

Comment

"your mother was a hamster..." for a fuzz pedal

"....and your father smelt of elderberries" for a phaser/flanger
                        Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                        It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                        Originally posted by LesStrat
                        Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret
                          "your mother was a hamster..." for a fuzz pedal

"....and your father smelt of elderberries" for a phaser/flanger
                          That sounds more like the Monty Python series pedals.

That being the case I'm all for a "Mr. Creosote Overdrive"

Comment

Subdecay makes a dist/fuzz called The Stupid Box. I kinda like that, though I've never heard the pedal.

How about a B.A.M.F. distortion pedal? 9a nod to Samuel Jackson's character in Pulp Fiction).

Maybe a Eat Sh!t And Die distortion pedal?

Love your design for a pedalboard. I wish had the skills/experience/tools/space to build my own. I just bought a Pedaltrain 2, which is cool - but not as cool as building your own.
                            Asteroids do not concern me.

Comment

Your Mom rocks!

or better "Your Mom" rocks to not be misunderstood
                              RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
                              TS 7 (modded)
                              Hot Rod 50+ XL
                              Framus Dragon 4x12
                              V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Working...
                              X