Clear All

Re: Pedalboard project - phase 1

How about a minority pedal?

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kommerzbassist
      How about a minority pedal?

TONS if awful ideas.... but I am so not going there.

Comment

Phaser or Wah ~ "Groove you stoopid white boy"
        J. 'Moose' Kahrs
        mixer|producer|recordist
        mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
        All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Wasnt there that one website that had joke pedals like a 60-cycle hum booster, and a Stevie Ray Vaughnnabee pedal? I couldn't find it.

Comment

^^^^^

Comment

How about a "C is For Cookie" distortion box, for that rad, authentic Cookie Monster tone?

I'd buy that.
              Asteroids do not concern me.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
                I and the rest of the band think it's quite dumb actually... but that was kind of the point.

Maybe I should start a line of "insult" pedals. Any suggestions for future moel names?
                "Whatever..." it could be anything, you have to buy it to see what version it is.

"B*tch" this pedal makes you feel bad about your playing.
                Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
                gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
                SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

Originally posted by 54stratlover
                  "Whatever..." it could be anything, you have to buy it to see what version it is.

"B*tch" this pedal makes you feel bad about your playing.
                  Dude... didn't you biuld this pedalboard that was insanely huge? Got any pics, if so?

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
                    Dude... didn't you biuld this pedalboard that was insanely huge? Got any pics, if so?
                    yep that was mine. If you want me to post it to take some of the heat....

Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
                    SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

since then I have built a smaller one. But that one is the "pallete", (sp?) as I call it. It is powered so I can use any pedal combo and experiment.

Comment

lol no ribbing meant, 54SL. I just wanted to gaze at that monstrosity again. hahah. At my absolute worst I owned 13 pedals and at ony given moment you could find 11 of them in my board. I just don't have the patience for that now, now do i need the headaches. Plus I've actually started to find tube amps I enjoy the raw, unenhanced tone of.

Comment

damn . . . that's a lotta pedals . . . I feel like less of a guitar player now . . .

Do you get a lot of tone loss/change with that many pedals? You have what, 10-11 buffered pedals?
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv
                            damn . . . that's a lotta pedals . . . I feel like less of a guitar player now . . .

Do you get a lot of tone loss/change with that many pedals? You have what, 10-11 buffered pedals?
                            If one looks close, I am not running all of the pedals. BUT..... I do use the VHT tube buffer......(VALVULATOR)...... a must in by book. I am not a electronics or tube guru by any means, but I guess it converts your guitar signal from high z to low z, so there is considerably less signal degredation over long runs. http://www.vhtamp.com/product-news/valvulator1.html

i use that pedal board at home cause I have a few amplifiers, and I like to test out pedal combo's on them. I have an a/b pan pedal were I can pan from one amp to the other to a/b then. the two ts-9s are my favs. One is a reissue that stratdeluxer modded and the other is an original. Actually there are 3 Stratdeluxer modded pedals on that board.

when i go somewhere to play, I use a smaller board.

Comment

I am also very unapologetic about having many pedals. I have stuff from when I was a high schooler. (one of the ts-9s). I just have a very organized way of storing things. I also go through periods were I don't use pedals, but that doesn't mean I need to get rid of my pedals. I learned my lesson early. I got rid of things I regretted. I don't regret much any more.

Comment

I wouldn't mind having a ton of pedals either, but it bothers me if i have a pedal and I don't use it on a regular basis. That or if I've got one and it makes me sound too much like another artists... like my Whammy pedal. I had one and i liked it but i couldn't find a way to use it without sounding like Tom Morello or Satch. I also havea fulltone ultimate octave and i almost got ridof it because I couldn't find a sound with it that fit witherof my bands, so i just sat down one day and played with it for a while and tweaked it into a really good sound and it's a total keeper now.

Comment

Working...
                                X