Pedalboard project - phase 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedalboard project - phase 1

Yeah, I've got a whole whack of pedals too . . . well maybe not as many as above but I love them . . . My problem is that I'm lazy so I end up leaving most of them plugged in all the time. I find the tone loss isn't too bad, but any time I screw somthing up I'll start thinking "should I unplug everything and see if that makes me a better guitar player?"
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Cool layout. Should be swingin' when you get it done. About the monty python pedals. That is a prime idea, You could have a dual overdrive with one labeled "African Swallow" and the other switch the "European Swallow". "Black Knight Delay", the "Ni Phaser" and "French gaurd trem". I could do this all day and I am only currently using The holy grail
      Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
      Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
        I wouldn't mind having a ton of pedals either, but it bothers me if i have a pedal and I don't use it on a regular basis. That or if I've got one and it makes me sound too much like another artists... like my Whammy pedal. I had one and i liked it but i couldn't find a way to use it without sounding like Tom Morello or Satch. I also havea fulltone ultimate octave and i almost got ridof it because I couldn't find a sound with it that fit witherof my bands, so i just sat down one day and played with it for a while and tweaked it into a really good sound and it's a total keeper now.
        The way I look at it is like this. A painter can use many different colors, or even shades of the same color (od pedals are like shades of the same color). The painter may not choose to use them all of the time, but they are there. There will be the colors that one always relies upon, which I equate to the guitar and amp. Then there are the lesser used colors, but the ones that may be very inspirational, but rarely used. The rotovibe pedal is a good example. I can't remember when I used it last. the dejavibe covers all of my uni vibe ground, but on a rare occation i may want the trem function of the rotovibe. Sounds inspire me, so I like to have many sounds at my disposal.
        Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
        gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
        SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

Originally posted by 54stratlover
          The way I look at it is like this. A painter can use many different colors, or even shades of the same color (od pedals are like shades of the same color). The painter may not choose to use them all of the time, but they are there. There will be the colors that one always relies upon, which I equate to the guitar and amp. Then there are the lesser used colors, but the ones that may be very inspirational, but rarely used. The rotovibe pedal is a good example. I can't remember when I used it last. the dejavibe covers all of my uni vibe ground, but on a rare occation i may want the trem function of the rotovibe. Sounds inspire me, so I like to have many sounds at my disposal.
          Oh I can indentify with that. Rarely do i zero in on a signgle effect or sound and make it a staple in my rig. Although I have to say I think my 535Q, Fulltone OCD, and Boss DD20 are here to stay for some time now. They're pedals that nailed that sound i was looking for in my head and they're flexible enough to keep up with my needs.

Comment

B2

Good pedal choices bro! Here's a pic of my current board, I built a switch box cause I hate tap dancing on pedals above and below each other.

Comment

^ NIIICE. If I had pedals, I'd get me one juuust like that.
              7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Originally posted by RiffRaff
                B2

Good pedal choices bro! Here's a pic of my current board, I built a switch box cause I hate tap dancing on pedals above and below each other.

Blimey! 'E's got 'alf my board in there!

Does that little switcher purely select different pedals one by one or can you do one-hit combinations like a Carl Martin Combinator?

Comment

Its just a looper isn't it? So everythings always on, and u switch it in and out?

Comment

B2

I'm planning a similar setup for my new pedalboard.

2 of my Overdrive pedals have 2 channels, so I'll run my wah and those OD pedals before the looper and then my Chorus, Phaser and Delay each in their own loop.

Comment

Dude that is so hot. More info, please! As someone else asked, is it just switching in and out, or can you do certain combos with one tap?

B2

Asteroids do not concern me.

Comment

Originally posted by wildstar
                        As someone else asked, is it just switching in and out, or can you do certain combos with one tap?
                        I'd say they're just on/off switches for each effect, to save stepping into the board to switch effects.

Comment

right now I use them as on and off switches, I was thinking of a clever way to rig up specific combos of pedals, I'm going to add a master switch which would allow me to dial up certian effects (delay, flange, chorus) seperately and leave the overdrive switches the way they are. But for now it works and has taken alot of the missed switching problems away from what I was dealing with when I was doing the pedal two step.

Comment

right now I use them as on and off switches, I was thinking of a clever way to rig up specific combos of pedals, I'm going to add a master switch which would allow me to dial up certian effects (delay, flange, chorus) seperately and leave the overdrive switches the way they are. But for now it works and has taken alot of the missed switching problems away from what I was dealing with when I was doing the pedal two step.
                            I'm planning on building a riser on my new board so I don't miss stuff or accidentally hit stuff, BUT I do like your idea for different reasons. I have a tendency to tweak the OCD's controls slightly whenever i hit it with my foot... guess i gotta be more careful cuz I dont know how to build one of those.

Comment

This is just a simple switch board using 3P3T switches I bought from torres engineering, some super bright led's from radio shack along with some 295 ohm 1/8 watt resistors. I plug one source power supply into the board. The switch for the tune is a SPST switch which takes the input signal and routes it to the tuner pedal (cutting off the signal to the other pedals), the trem switch is a an on/off switch which is cables out to the input on the amp. The A/B switch is actually out of a Whirlwind switch box but that's not something someone has to use, a DPDT switch will work just as well. I don't get any popping with any of the switches, I used Fulltone switches and they are pretty much flawless in performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X