Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neodymium Magnet Bass Speakers - 18" - Does It Exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you insist on an Eminence, yes, they make a Neo 18". You'll probably have to eat ramen noodles for a few months. It's $580.00 US.
    https://www.parts-express.com/eminen...iver--290-5660
    sigpic
    "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Originally posted by Lewguitar
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
      If you insist on an Eminence, yes, they make a Neo 18". You'll probably have to eat ramen noodles for a few months. It's $580.00 US.
      https://www.parts-express.com/eminen...iver--290-5660
      Thank you! I currently use a GK 1001-RB, the same head I've been using for 20 years now. I would like to keep it, but I will have to dig around for my manual. I do not even remember what kind of wattage it has. I do know my plan is to run two separate 8 ohm cabs. One of them being a 2x15 (maybe with horns) and the other a 1x18. If my GK has enough power, I might actually be interested in eating ramen noodles for a few months to make this Eminence 1x18 happen.

This sounds like a rig I would love to piece together. I just do not want to lose my GK tone to get there. I have not checked out the new GK heads, maybe they have something with more power now if I need it.

I really appreciate you finding both of these speaker options! I have not had much time to look the past few weeks. Thank you very much!
      Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post

The fEARful cabs use a 12" or 15" sub with a 6.5" midrange driver and an optional tweeter. longcat has a 12/6 cube and it's an amazing, small, lightweight cab.
        Dude, these are cool. I had not heard of these until you shared the link here. Thank you. I might want to check one of these out at some point.
        Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
          Carvin Audio used to have em
          I had a 15 neo some years ago
          And I'm sure there was a 18 version as well
          Thank you, I will check Carvin's options out as well!
          Soundcloud

Comment

Okay, I think my GK 1001RB-II cranks out 700 watts RMS at 4 ohms. I plan on running the 1x18 alongside a 2x15, each cab at 8 ohms. I am going to go with the Eminence. The only thing I have not decided on is if I will add some kind of bi-amp horn to the 2x15. I really don't use them, but it might be nice to have the option if I ever want it.

I will try the Eminence woofer with the 1001RB, if I want more power than that I may seek out a used 2001RB or a new 1200 watt GK Fusion head. I will see how the 1001RB pushes the 18 first.
            Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
            X