banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warmoth LP bolt-on?? Haha, I thought it might be sweet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warmoth LP bolt-on?? Haha, I thought it might be sweet...

I own the Korina Warmoth LP on the second page. It is still a good guitar and solid as the day I got it. The Duncan '59s in it with all that Korina(Limba) is sweet. I'm sure Warmoth's Figured Maple over Mahogany will sound nice too. Buy to play as no matter how SWEET it turns out, resale, even done top notch. can be well below cost of build. Check out Warmoth's showcase of already cut bodies before odering you might see one already for paint or painted.
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
      I own the Korina Warmoth LP on the second page. It is still a good guitar and solid as the day I got it. The Duncan '59s in it with all that Korina(Limba) is sweet. I'm sure Warmoth's Figured Maple over Mahogany will sound nice too. Buy to play as no matter how SWEET it turns out, resale, even done top notch. can be well below cost of build. Check out Warmoth's showcase of already cut bodies before odering you might see one already for paint or painted.
      yeah I know about the resale value, that's pretty scary, hence why I really wanna make sure to get the right stuff.
      I'm still not sure if I want to build it, that's going to be a risk to take, either that or I find a used LP that I like but I don't know which model would suit my needs and tastes yet...

Concerning your warmoth LP, does it sound anything like a LP to you?

Comment

Yes.

Edited to add.....

Last edited by BTMN; 11-29-2010, 08:48 PM.
        Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

my soundclick page

Comment

Cool guitars guys, are they 24 3/4" or 25 1/2" scale?
            Any opinion on how the difference would be?

Comment

24 3/4 for mine. That is a REALLY nice Goldtop!
              Guitar to sound output:

Comment

WOW!!!!!
                Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Yeah it's pretty nice, I want a solid body though cause I prefer heavy guitars but is there really a difference in tone between a chambered body vs a solid body?

Comment

Subject to personal taste but my guess is not much. I prefer a 6-8 lb guitar but that's just me.
                    Guitar to sound output:

Comment

• Re: Warmoth LP bolt-on?? Haha, I thought it might be sweet...

Originally posted by fourdogslong View Post

I've gotta to admit I'm pretty scared to order all those parts without even knowing how it's gonna sound.
                      Especially because I'm selling my only 2 good guitars to get that new one.

Basically, I love the feel of the LP R7, R8, R9 but I preffered the tone of the LP Custom I tried compared to the R8 that I also tried in the same amp, same store, same everything.
                      That's why I'm thinking about building one, some sort of "in between" one.

In that light you shouldn't build a guitar.

The outcome is always somewhat of a crap shoot.

Even if you took the same tree, cut it into blanks and handed it all to the same luthier to build five guitars the net result would be five instruments with slightly different sounds and wholly differenct characterists.

And the whole idea of selling two "great" guitars to build one is just plain bad... better to build and then sell, only after the build works out to be a player. I've put several together over the years for friends & myself and a lot of them have been given away... even the last Tele I built for myself is now on semi-permanent loan to a friend.
                      J. 'Moose' Kahrs
                      mixer|producer|recordist
                      mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                      All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                        ...This machine runs on pr0n.
                        sigged
                        Beer me!
                        Originally posted by Kam
                        ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

Aye, probably should've seen that one coming.
                          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

pretty - but i dont think i could dig a 25 1/2 " scale LP ... i think a good bit of an LP's 'tone' comes from the shorter scale
                            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                              pretty - but i dont think i could dig a 25 1/2 " scale LP ... i think a good bit of an LP's 'tone' comes from the shorter scale
                              FWIW I think all Warmoth bodies have bridge placement for 25.5" scale. The reasoning being (I assume) that you would then use one of their 24.75" scale "conversion necks" if you're going for something with a Gibby feel.
                              -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Must be what is on mine then. Fun guitar with a good feel to it. I really dig the body/neck joint.

Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Working...
                                X