banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate SDUG BUDGET axe Prelims !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate SDUG BUDGET axe Prelims !!!!!!!

Wow. 7 pages of oddball goodness. I don't know how you're going to narrow down this list to 10.

King IzzO))), while I can truly appreciate the work that went into that and I love the custom touches, that has to be the ugliest pickguard on the planet. No offense. But seriously.

Comment

I think it would look better if I had routed out the control cavity and spaced the pots more like an LP. And I think around the switch I should have made it more cohesive with the body profile. It was just an experiment, and I think it's OK. I think it would look better with black strat knobs too, and I might remove the LP toggle ring. The shine on it doesn't come through in the pictures very well either, it's polished pretty up pretty good.

Either way, thanks for sh!tting on my hard work bro!

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
        Either way, thanks for sh!tting on my hard work bro!
        You are entirely welcome! As I say, the amount of work is evident and it is certainly unique. I can guarantee you'll never see another one like it!

Comment

I ain't mad bro

Comment

I might even call that thing gloriously ugly, as in it's-so-ugly-I-love-it. I'd rock the **** out of that Peavey!

Comment

Ace, when you making a decision man?
              Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
              you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Hand_Strat View Post
                Ace, when you making a decision man?
                Gonna TRY and get through them by maybe Tuesday. Still some time....but not much.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I don't need the ACTUAL receipt. Figure of speech. Just et me know the price....

PS - Straplocks don't count towards price. Necessary, really, for such awesome axes. So pickups AND straplocks excluded.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Seeing as there are so many of them, you should probably have two different voting threads and then use the top 5 from each one to combine into 10 for the main voting thread. Did that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      I don't need the ACTUAL receipt. Figure of speech. Just et me know the price....

PS - Straplocks don't count towards price. Necessary, really, for such awesome axes. So pickups AND straplocks excluded.
                      Ok, still not sure I count but here it goes:
                      This is what I bought in May 2008 for 300€:

Then I got new pickups and pu-rings in it, a Gotoh Floyd (cost me about 150€ IIRC), Sperzel locking tuners (about 80€ IIRC) and new electronics (about 50€ including labor for everything) and turned it into this:

There has been some more money sank in it over the years but that was more like experimenting on my part and it would have happened on any guitar that I'd own at the time so I don't count it towards this build.

So, apart from the original build I have an additional 280€ or so in upgrades, not counting the pickups.

Does it still count?
                      Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                      I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                      Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                      Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                        Seeing as there are so many of them, you should probably have two different voting threads and then use the top 5 from each one to combine into 10 for the main voting thread. Did that make sense?
                        That's what he did with the superstrat poll
                        Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                          I think you need 2 categories. 1 for one off exceptional deals on more expensive instruments and one for guitars that are under the $400 mark retail

Comment

Originally posted by AudioWonderland View Post
                            I think you need 2 categories. 1 for one off exceptional deals on more expensive instruments and one for guitars that are under the $400 mark retail
                            agreed.

cause like mine, its not even worth more than $400 retail in mint condition anyways so it would make full sense of the situation.

however it is all at Ace's discretion
                            Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
                            you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

I inherited this bass from my dad, who bought it new in 1976. Original price was probably between $100 and $200, as it was the bottom-of-the barrel Fender guitar at the time...and in it's condition, it is still a sub-$400 instrument. Still has the sticker from Ace Music in Santa Monica on the back of the head.
                              Last edited by ItsaBass; 10-17-2011, 01:28 PM.
                              Originally posted by LesStrat
                              Yogi Berra was correct.
                              Originally posted by JOLLY
                              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

crap, i dont even have the coolest cheap tele clone in this thread

gotta luv cheap axes
                                t4d
                                gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
                                X