banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate SDUG BUDGET axe Prelims !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate SDUG BUDGET axe Prelims !!!!!!!

I'll try to get a couple of pic's up tommorow afternoon.

Comment

The MoVibe. None of those knobs or switches do anything. It does one thing: play loud and unfiltered, high-output guitar signal. As you might imagine I use it for gritty, distorted rhythms. It does them decently for something I spent less than $20 on.

Comment

I have several contenders to submit:

DETACHABLE, ADJUSTABLE, WARP PROOF, STEEL-REINFORCED NECK. HANDSOMELY SCULPTED CUTOUT. BY INTER-MARK, JAPAN. One of my favorite cheapies. $200, including "Friends of Dennis Wilson" sticker. Stock, including the most stupidly-placed switches I have ever seen.

Yes, folks, it is the magical _______ BRAND short-neck bass! I call ¡t the Mōn-Star bass, because it was given to me by my friend Mona. I like the Mosrite-like slightly reverse body. Really makes this bass great at digging a big strawberry into your wrist every show. Has a broken string right now, obviously. Have it tuned to D standard using the bottom four strings from a 5-string set. This bass sounds like a monster (in a good way). She got it for $20. Stock.

A formal pic of my Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special Short Scale. $169.99 plus tax. Modded with SD Quarter Pounders and Jazz Bass stack knobs.

My '03 LP Melody Maker. I got this for free with my Les Paul Standard, and have played it far more than the Standard. It backs up my Custom and sometimes my Esquire at gigs. Amazing guitar. They never should have changed them. To my recollection, these retailed for anywhere from $350 to $420. Stock.

And, just because I love it so much, my Chicago brand 5 string banjo, 5th string removed. Lovely caca-brown marbled Bakelite body and resonator. Can you say TONE FOR DAYS? Top-end fret markers made of nothing but the best white paint of the day. And, yes, folks the fingerboard was crafted from only the finest razor thin Ford station wagon imitation-wood sides. Sounds exactly like a banjo should sound: cheap, annoying, and loud. Marked $199.99 with case. I went to school with the guy's kid and grew up shopping in his store, so I told him yeah, right, in about that many words. He gave it to me for $50. To this day, I still feel that I was gyped something fierce. But I wanted it really badly, and I have put a lot of miles on it. We've done a lot of bonding. It is the only one of my instruments that has been across the nation by car with me multiple times.

PURE ****ING CLASS
        Last edited by ItsaBass; 10-11-2011, 06:38 PM.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Schecter C1 E/A - purchased used from GC for $375.
          Last edited by mwalluk; 10-12-2011, 06:40 AM.
          Originally posted by grumptruck
          No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
          Originally posted by Gear Used
          PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
          Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
          Mesa Stiletto Ace
          Gurus 5015
          Mesa Widebody 1X12
          Pedalboard

Comment

Epiphone Crestwood that I got as a basket case off of ebay for $60.00.

New truss rod in the neck, sanded the top and sides, glued a 5/16 maple cap on the top, new compensated bridge, tuners, Gibson 498n and a Duncan Phat Cat b.

Last edited by bluesbend; 12-01-2011, 09:19 AM.
            " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

LTD-300 - Bought a set of EMG's and the guy threw it in for free. Little did he know it just needed some lovin'. All parts were included minus the pups, which I had in my spare parts drawer (Super D(n) - BKP Miracle Man(b)). The only thing I paid for was paint, primer and clear (the former color was a sad-ass burst of Linda Blair-esque vomit to a beautiful baby **** green). Neck is Tru-Oil which I already had. So, let's say I got about $20 into it. Nothing fancy but, it plays like a mother****er!

FYI - the back plate I made out of a picture frame's acrylic "glass" front. It rattled like a bastard so, I taped the hell out of it.

-Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
              I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

I'd buy that off ya.

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
                Epiphone Crestwood that I got as a basket case off of ebay for $60.00.

New truss rod in the neck, sanded the top and sides, glued a 5/16 maple cap on the top, new compensated bridge, tuners, Gibson 498n and a Duncan Phat Cat b.

[ATTACH]26971[/ATTACH]
                ---------------------------
                The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

XV-500 with Z-90's. $209

Harmonic Design pups $200

Since 1983 Harmonic Design USA has supplied over 14,000 replacement pickups to professional players and guitar makers all over the world

Ending with ...

Comment

My SG comes very close to making this catergory.

My number 1, seriously. Early Korean made EC100, mahogany body & mahogany bolt on neck (it's chipped through, you can see it). Pirated Tonepros bridge and tailpiece, Duncan CS Iommi, Fred, pots out of my SG, already had Sperzels on it... and the awesome Depeche Mode sticker. It's had a pro fret level and bone nut installed, setup with 12-60 XL's for C#/drop B.

I just love this guitar, it's not the best sounding/playing/etc guitar ever, but it suits me. I bought it for $80.

I'll post my other junk tonight.
                    Last edited by King IzzO))); 10-11-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Re: Ultimate SDUG BUDGET axe Prelims !!!!!!!

Wow, 100 replies, that's gotta be the longest prelims thread out of them all...
                      Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                      I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                      Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                      Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

That Inter-Mark 12 string is the shizznit
                        My Bands -
                        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                          That Inter-Mark 12 string is the shizznit
                          Thanks! Would love to get a matching 6 string and a bass. They were actually Cipher brand, but were imported to the U.S.A. by Inter-Mark. They came in several finishes, one of which is white sparkle. I like the red and black sunburst the best, though. I use this for informal jam sessions and such, but there are a few of my band's songs that it would work great with live. Just gotta convince myself that it is worth it to actually switch guitars in the middle of a set for any reason other than a broken string. And then gotta convince myself that the thing is worth spending any more money on, since the tuners should be replaced, IMO. I really like the gold striated control plate material.
                          Last edited by ItsaBass; 10-11-2011, 03:38 PM.
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          Yogi Berra was correct.
                          Originally posted by JOLLY
                          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

OK I will make a second entry but this one OVERRIDES MY FIRST ENTRY. however if this guitar does not qualify under ace's discretion, then the les paul will be my entry

Here is my most recent acquisition, my Teisco Spectrum two model.

I personally love it to bits and it is really quirky, someone had already put a lefty nut on it.

Also, yes it was £25GBP BUT it IS an old axe, and when new, please take into account that it wasn't anywhere near worth $400.
                            Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
                            you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

oh man...this is gonna be tough
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yep!

Let's assume that there's an entry for every three posts, that's about 35 entries right there.
                                Not only that, A LOT of the guys used many guitars in their posts, I count as many as 8 entries in a single post. Of them you'll have to choose one for each of them, THEN try to narrow it down to 10.

Whatever's your preferred poison, you're gonna need lots of it!!!
                                Last edited by KeeperOS; 10-11-2011, 05:22 PM.
                                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X