• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heritage Guitars - What's Your Opinion

I love em all!

Comment

I would vote for the Heritage, but it comes down to personal preference I also prefer G&L over Fender.

I think for the money Heritage makes a better crafted, better playing, and better sounding instrument that's my opinion though. I have played a lot of Gibsons and I just don't think many of them play that well or have the same level of craftsmanship or attention to detail. Same problem with modern Fenders.

I have yet to play a Heritage or G&L that ever disappointed me. You don't buy a fine guitar to resell it, even a modern Fender or Gibson loses value the second you take it home. Just because no one is familiar with a brand name doesn't mean it isn't a superior product. But of course again it boils down to personal preference. Heritage is a small company chances are they'd build you the guitar you wanted if you asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Caruana View Post
        I would take a haritage any day over a gibson les paul. and this coming from a guy that has owned 3 Gibson Les Pauls and currently has a Les Paul custom. Heritages are awesome guitars

Agreed! Not a current Heritage owner but have tried a few and they are in EVERY respect far superior to Gibsons! They fit and finish, tone and construction quality is miles beyond where Gibson is now. Personally I like the ES-335 styled ones but man if they made an SG styled axe as a neck-thru, I'd really be interested.

And to those who dismiss Heritage purely on the basis of "It's not a Gibson maaaannnnn", I say the following, "Just for freakin' once, try listening with your EARS not your eyes.".
        Last edited by The Owl; 11-23-2012, 08:42 PM.
        Hoo Hooooo Hooo Hoooooooo

http://talktobears.hearnow.com

Sent from an old crank telephone in rural GA

Comment

ill take a heritage headstock over an epi head all day. having stated that, the heritage head is not appealing to me.

Comment

Comment

Jolly always has the most useful, thought-provoking, informative, educational and profound posts here.

I for one cherish his contributions.

Comment

I played one. It felt different than a Gibson, that it was better made than a Gibson, like a PRS Stripped 58 or SC 245

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                  I... Actually like that Yamaha headstock.
                  Go in the corner and think about what you just said.

I've never played one but I've heard good things up was wazoo about Heritages.
                  88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
                  Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
                  Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
                  Vox NightTrain 50.
                  My Band

Comment

Guess what.

I LIKE IT EVEN MORE NOW

Comment

My experience with Heritage guitars has been with semi-hollow models. I've owned a pair of Heritage H-535's. The first one was an early model. It was a nice guitar, but it lacked that special something that made me want to keep it. The second one is an '09 H-535 25th Anniversary model and it's an amazing guitar! Heritage is like all brands of guitars, they need to be judged individually.

Collings: '08 001-mhsb
                      Dean: '02 Hardtail
                      Fender: '63 Jazzmaster, '74 Telecaster & '11 American Special Telecaster
                      Fender Custom Shop: '16 1962 Custom Telecaster
                      Gibson: '78 Les Paul Deluxe & '99 Les Paul Standard
                      G&L: '87 Asat, '02 Asat Classic
                      Guild: '81 X-79 Skyhawk
                      Heritage: '09 H535 25th Anniversary
                      PRS: '97 Standard 24 & '99 McCarty

Comment

I have one. Came stock with TonePros and SD Seth Lover humbuckers. Thing sustains for days and has a rich creamy tone.

Don't mind the headstock at all, In fact I've grown to really like it. I took the pickguard off though, I wanna replace it with a Gibson version but they don't fit.

Vocalist/Guitarist of Megaton, a Stoner/Sludge Metal band
                        www.soundcloud.com/megatonomaha
                        www,facebook.com/megatonomaha
                        www.reverbnation.com/megatonomaha

Comment

I just purchased a 1994 H-150. Definitely one of the best guitars in my collection. In some cases they are better than Gibson!

Comment

Working...
                          X