I got a box today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I got a box today!

Okay, does the neck pickup work? If so, then you can check that the guitar plays properly?
    If so, then take a deep breath, and blow out, and relax.
    Just by assembling guitars that cost hundreds of dollars, I can tell you that nothing is ever really perfect the first time out.
    Would you have been happier that the guitar electronics were working, but the neck was twisted, or the frets needed levelling?
    This isnt exactly our FaJa's Gibson Company, and thats been discussed to no end. Probably quality control at this time is a bit off.
    What you recieved, notwithstanding the faulty pot or whatever , is still the best guitar for the money made today, IMHO.
    Work with it, relax, and be patient.
    This girl will sing for you.
    Trust me, I know how it is to spend so much time and energy on something and to want it to come to fruition all at once, but like I said, Ive learned by assembling to be patient and let things take their natural course.
    I think the guitar is smoking;
    Play the neck pickup, make sure the guitar plays right , and *maybe consider a Duncan bridge pickup. I think thats what God may be trying to tell you anyway, is ditch the Gibson bridge.
    Last edited by MetalManiac; 06-05-2012, 04:31 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Very nice guitar...sucks about the pickup/wiring but shat hippens I guess...

Best of luck with it!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Ah very nice. Congrats.

Comment

Nothing like a lefty les paul to give me the GAS, I can already hear my wife now....

Awesome guitar brother....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 9finger View Post
            I am EFFING PO'd! I finally get to plug in and either the bridge pickup is no good, or the push pull isn't any good. I checked the wiring and the switch. All the solder joints look good. I have to go buy some batteries for my multimeter, so I can't tell which it is at this point.

I should not be having this problem with a brand new $1400 guitar. Period.
            Stories like this worry me.

Originally posted by nedcronin
            Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
            Originally posted by metalmachine
            dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

This thread is starting to be eerily similar to ICEMAN's NGD Letdown minus this one shows pics.

Sorry to hear about the wiring/pots. At least now you can install that Screamin Demon bridge....
              Originally posted by grumptruck
              No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
              Originally posted by Gear Used
              PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
              Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
              Mesa Stiletto Ace
              Gurus 5015
              Mesa Widebody 1X12
              Pedalboard

Comment

I just got off the phone with Gibson. The guy was super nice, but I have to PAY to ship a brand new guitar to them that they messed up, and all he said was that they would look at it. He gave me an RMA number and all that hooey, but I'm not paying upwards of $40+ to ship it back. I don't feel that I should have to on a $1400 guitar that I've in possession for about 24 hours....

I really don't want to do it, but I'm calling AMS. I'm to the point that if I have to return 5 to get a good 1, then so be it I guess.

This is why it sucks to be a lefty.
                Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

**** it! Looks like my guitar is getting a new set of Duncans and some triple shot rings earlier than what I was anticipating.

Comment

**** it! Looks like my guitar is getting a new set of Duncans and some triple shot rings earlier than what I was anticipating.
                    Being the techy that I am, that's what I would do, minus the triple shot rings. I'd check the push/pulls and check the pickup as well, reflow the solder points, etc.

Comment

If the guitar is a keeper..then yeah, not worth it to roll the dice on the diciest guitars out there.i had that issue with a PRS...but unlike your sitch PRS just sent a new pup. Sorry to hear about the mishap, Brent.

FWIW I dont like the 498t, with a 500k pot. Clears up the miids, but the High end gets pretty harsh and squirrely.

PS nice tube driver.
                      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I just got off the phone with Gibson. The guy was super nice, but I have to PAY to ship a brand new guitar to them that they messed up, and all he said was that they would look at it. He gave me an RMA number and all that hooey, but I'm not paying upwards of $40+ to ship it back. I don't feel that I should have to on a $1400 guitar that I've in possession for about 24 hours....

I really don't want to do it, but I'm calling AMS. I'm to the point that if I have to return 5 to get a good 1, then so be it I guess.

This is why it sucks to be a lefty.
                        Was gonna say congrats.. But Now Ill say sorry.. That truly sucks. I wont turn this into yet another bash thread, but this kinda isnt a shock. Yeah, Gibson pretty much wants you to go thru the dealers. Which is a PITA when you use mail order.
                        Sorry again for the bummer. Good luck in getting it resolved! Let us know how it plays out!
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

There ya go!!! Sad that the stock one was jacked up, but if it plays good and all, maybe better than taking the chance the next one could be a dud.
                          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

All good. Too much risk in sending back an otherwise nice guitar.

It sucks that AMS and Gibson are being let off the hook on this, but you gotta do what's right for yourself as priority one ... and that's getting this beauty up and running!
                            Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                            Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                            Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                              If the guitar is a keeper..then yeah, not worth it to roll the dice on the diciest guitars out there.i had that issue with a PRS...but unlike your sitch PRS just sent a new pup. Sorry to hear about the mishap, Brent.

FWIW I dont like the 498t, with a 500k pot. Clears up the miids, but the High end gets pretty harsh and squirrely.

PS nice tube driver.
                              I told him he could send me a new pot and I would put it in. He said it would have to be done by a Gibson certified tech(me=WTF?) or it would void my warranty. But......it is what it is at this point. It's not worth the gamble. I'll start at the ground floor with a set of 59's and go from there. I didn't plan on doing any swapping until I got a better feel for the guitar, but....

PS Thanks! It's not going anywhere. I've grown quite fond of it!

Comment

I would at least call AMS and let them know about it. Maybe it'll raise a flag to their inspectors to check them out a little better.

Comment

Working...
                                X