Project fullMap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project fullMap

hey, i m not sure whether fabric on fingerboard would be a problem. usually all fingerboard woods, rosewood/ebony/maple will make the what little contact u do make with ur finger tips slip quiet easily, with some finishin on it. i m not sure the fabric would let it slip that easily, and infact it might latch on to whatever contact u make. having said that those huge frets might mean there is no contact with the board ever.

Comment

F yeah. This is so much win.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Gah damm, I'm freaking out with ya.

off u see did MRSAge, I m on tapa talk and auto correct is hating on me
        Originally posted by Funkfingers
        Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by koshikas View Post
          hey, i m not sure whether fabric on fingerboard would be a problem. usually all fingerboard woods, rosewood/ebony/maple will make the what little contact u do make with ur finger tips slip quiet easily, with some finishin on it. i m not sure the fabric would let it slip that easily, and infact it might latch on to whatever contact u make. having said that those huge frets might mean there is no contact with the board ever.
          It wont be any different to a glossy maple fretboard. You do know it gets sealed and lacquered/glossed over? Its not just raw fabric hehe

I have some good pictures but photobucket is done so it will have to wait.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	11.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	5777407

See a lot of the frayed edges have gone. As the wood glue and sealer dries it becomes super hard. Visually i can see high and low spots that will need attention/sealer.

Comment

Here you can see the 3 stages of sealing the weave. Notice how the first 4 which i have sanded twice and re-coated are flatter then the second set of four which have only had one sand/re-seal. The last 5 have only had one coat. Pretty cool huh?

The weed whacker inlays look the part

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                Here you can see the 3 stages of sealing the weave. Notice how the first 4 which i have sanded twice and re-coated are flatter then the second set of four which have only had one sand/re-seal. The last 5 have only had one coat. Pretty cool huh?
                u da man bro, didnt know the whole weave would be sealed, problem solved. wouldn't get dirty either. gotta admit this build is pure class on all levels bro. seen some pretty awesome guitars, but this tops it all, probably cause i saw it from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by koshikas View Post
                  u da man bro, didnt know the whole weave would be sealed, problem solved. wouldn't get dirty either. gotta admit this build is pure class on all levels bro. seen some pretty awesome guitars, but this tops it all, probably cause i saw it from scratch.
                  Thanks mate i am glad you like it. Its been an idea/dream of mine for sometime now and its good to be able to start doing it. Its also great to have some guys supporting me and encouraging it. i showed my wife she was like ''cool'' but i could tell she doesn't really give a **** haha.

And if anyone wants to send me a green duncan full shred for it that would be good, I feel a bit bad that its on here and it doesn't have an sd. Truth is tho i have a heap of pups and no duncans atm. Only reason is its harder to find a used duncan because no one sells them haha. Too poor to just get what i want unfortunately so it looks like the x2n will have to do.
                  Last edited by kramersteen; 05-08-2014, 01:55 AM.

Comment

those edges must be hard to smooth without damaging the board or the wood! Nice one!

Comment

This is coming along now. I glued in the inlays and lave got the image down on the fretboard. Now its mostly sealing and sanding to clean it up.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                        This is coming along now. I glued in the inlays and lave got the image down on the fretboard. Now its mostly sealing and sanding to clean it up.

Its looking great!
                         Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
                          Its looking great!
                          Thanks brolaf.

Comment

tree tattoo
                            Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                            Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                              tree tattoo
                              Oh man! thanks for the laugh.

If you cant beat them, join them haha, well played.

Comment

Ooh what a beast! I dislike the inlays though.

Comment

Working...
                                X