X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project fullMap

Comment

Do you normally go for a bevel edge on your frets or the rounded semi hemispherical ends?

I have the frets flush at 90 degress now and have started on the ends. This stainless steel is going to take me some time to get right,
      I like a slight bevel with the ends rounded. That way I get all the real estate I can out of them puppys, but with comfort.
      Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
      If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Waiting for updates!
        Speak through your fingers. Let your heart play, not your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by nightfall View Post
          Waiting for updates!
          Ahh good that you're keen, I have been so busy with life's hurdles that i haven't had much time. All sorts of **** has happened but we are getting through it now.

I just went to take some pics and my camera is out of battery, I will go charge it and come back with some pictures of magnets mounted into wood.

Ill drop this one here.

Comment

Still needs final sanding and a general tidy up but i am damn happy with my efforts.

]

Comment

Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

It needed another two 4 magnets for cavity plate loss insurance

I forged the zero fret out of some ss plate. This **** was solid as it took me a few days to get it to where it is and it still isnt exactly how i want it. I dont know all that much about setting up a zero fret so i decided i will use an abm nut to experiment with heights before i actually make a nut for it.
                Not finished yet but you get the idea.

Comment

Good to see you making some more progress. I was hoping to be working on mine today but I just got off work at 12:00pm after working all night and though till then and being up since 3:00pm yesterday. Also my bridge isn't here yet.....but it should be on my porch by the time I get up! It's 1:42pm....going to bed.
                  If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Aiiiii get on that asap. ^^

I got some push on knob inserts so i can make my own knobs out of the same body wood.. Need to find a lathe at some point.

Comment

• Re: Project fullMap

You mite be able to use a drill press as a lathe for making knobs......

Comment

I like the use of the magnets for the control cover! Very cool!

Comment

Damn the control cover magnets are such a good idea... I think I might be stealing those too! Where did you buy yours?

Comment

Originally posted by J E C View Post
                            You mite be able to use a drill press as a lathe for making knobs......
                            I already tried that and failed, I will just go to my woodworking guild and sort it out there.

Damn the control cover magnets are such a good idea... I think I might be stealing those too! Where did you buy yours?
                            On ebay you can get many different sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                              I already tried that and failed, I will just go to my woodworking guild and sort it out there.

On ebay you can get many different sizes.
                              Thank you sir

Comment

Thank you sir
                                The magnets are a bit of a novelty i guess. I do like the no screw look but i dont know if i will bother doing it again.

I finally got word that my rg550xh neck simulator preamps are heading my way. $150 i paid for 2 of them. I think the net build will be planned for one of those babies. It took them 7 months to get them here.

Comment

Working...
                                X