banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Thumbs up to that HH Tele.

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
      Eh? Why are you lemon oiling the body before shooting it with nitro?
      I like the color it gives the body.
      MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
      1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
      1988 Kramer Nightswan
      1989 Charvel Sambora
      2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
      Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
      Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't a wash coat of amber shellac accomplish the same thing? I would think the added oil would cause an issue with the nitro...
        "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
          Wouldn't a wash coat of amber shellac accomplish the same thing? I would think the added oil would cause an issue with the nitro...
          Probably but I've not previously run into any problems w/the Lemon Oil...

MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
          1988 Kramer Nightswan
          1989 Charvel Sambora
          2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Okay. *shrug* Well, if it works, it works. Carry on. lol
            "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by Cdwillis View Post
              GilmourD, looks good. What pickup did you decide to go with?
              Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
              Post 588,EVH Brand made by Duncan...

Need Clips!
              Yeah, I'm giving the EVH Frankenstein made by Duncan a try first.

Unfortunately with life being what it is I can't guarantee a time frame on recording any clips but I definitely will at some point.

Heck, I started writing this post about 45 minutes ago while holding my daughter, so I can't even guarantee the time frame of replies. LOL
              Nope...

Comment

Here is a strat I'm working on. Bought the Mexi strat body off of eBay already stripped. The guy had put a coat of wipe on poly on it. It was originally sunburst so it has a veneer top and back over seven (yes, seven) pieces of alder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	5793796

It's my first time painting but it's coming out pretty good. The paint is Duplicolor Perfect Match Champagne Pearl. It started out looking like shoreline gold, but it's more silvery now that it has a few coats on it. I had some runs and had to sand back a little bit near the rear strap button. And I bought the last two cans of paint in that color at Autozone, so I'm trying to stretch it out to recover that area. Still have a can of clear to shoot over it.

I ordered a Warmoth neck for it. Still waiting on that. Vintage style Fender trem. Black pickguard. One humbucker and one volume. I have a Duncan Distortion, but I might end up throwing a CC or the Custom/59 hybrid in it if the DD is just too much.
                "An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. " - Bukowski

"A banker will take a guitar and play three notes on it. A rock star will take a guitar and throw it across the room. " - David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
                  I'm back at it again - I'm determined to finish a freaking Floyd Tele since I have EVERYTHING other than a body...including the Warmoth Neck (below), OFR with 37mm Big Brass Block, either EMG JH Set or a Jazz/RTM TB Set and standard Tele Top Mount Control Plate...

Although I really liked the Tone Bomb Single Humbucker Tele Body I bought a while back...CNC precision, good wood and nice looking grain...I wanted twin humbuckers as I like that neck tone and eventually sold the Tone Bomb Single Humbucker Tele Body.

Recently I got in touch with Peter @ Tone Bomb and worked out an order for a One Piece Ash Dual Humbucker Tele Body with Strat Forearm Contour on front and Tummy Cut on back. Definitely recommend him/his products - easy to work with, quality woods and a fine product all around at a great price.

Just got pics of the finished product and a DHL Shipping Notice today (7.1 lbs packaged) so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and this weekend I can start lemon oiling it prior to a Nitrocellulose Gloss Natural Finish. Couple of pics of the new/incoming body below...

Body arrived!!! Very happy with the quality. Quick mock up. Gonna be a "Ten Pound Tele"!

Warmoth Flamey Birdseye Neck, Tone Bomb One Piece Ash Body, EMG James Hetfield Humbuckers/Electronics, Vintage Floyd Rose Original with Screw In Arm & 37mm F.U.Big Brass Block.

MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                  1988 Kramer Nightswan
                  1989 Charvel Sambora
                  2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

the kit flyingV clones is almost ready https://www.instagram.com/p/BIFW56SB8J7/
                    Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                    http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Final coats of Tru-Oil are on,

Name:	13835725_885464714891414_984732821_o.jpg
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	5793804

Name:	13833006_885635524874333_789793297_o.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	5793805
                      https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Originally posted by Progbusters View Post
                        just begun kit guitar

Where did you get the kit?? Decent quality parts and fretwork?? I want a V, but on the cheap.

Orpheo, gorgeous!! Lots of awesomeness here!!

Jolly, all those likes, is like, having like a conversation like with my like teenage like daughter.... drives me nuts!! Not knocking your appreciation of these good works.. Just made me think of that...
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                          Where did you get the kit?? Decent quality parts and fretwork?? I want a V, but on the cheap.
                          albatross guitars on ebay. they also on etsy. i will post a review soon.
                          Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                          http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Originally posted by Progbusters View Post
                            albatross guitars on ebay. they also on etsy. i will post a review soon.
                            Please post a link if you start a separate thread on this. I'm also interested in how it goes.

Comment

My friends shadow guitar that i have been working on awhile now. I went to string it up and it was almost liket eh frets were never leveled from factory. They had no play wear at all it was a display model and every second fret was high. Errrrr more work.

Level

Crown

Polished/finished fretboard

Remove finish and Tru Oil neck

My project update.

Comment

nice work!! Wish I could do fret work.. my guitars are all good right now, except the Japanese Squier could use some clean up on the frets. They are kinda "scratchy" looking, Kinda like in this pic:
                                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                                X