banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
    Their sealed with sanding sealer so its not really any diffrent to doing it on a wood that's been sealed.
    Oh ok, cool

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
      Thanks. Bare body weight is 5 pounds 2 ounces
      Thanks. I was curious since mahogany seems to be a little heavier in some cases. Been musing on mahogany for my next build. That would help counter neck dive on some bodies with a baritone neck.

Kramersteen, I really find that carved top one you're restoring a fascinating design. How does that cut away portion at the heel of the neck feel? Would that give better access to the higher frets?

Comment

Originally posted by rgand View Post
        Please post a link if you start a separate thread on this. I'm also interested in how it goes.
        thanks. here is thread in tips forum https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...-sound-samples
        Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
        http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Originally posted by Progbusters View Post
          thanks. here is thread in tips forum https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...-sound-samples
          Thanks for the link. That sounds really good. Nice job.

Comment

I made a Tele body, PNG Rosewood with an Ash top

Click image for larger version

Name:	14151791_908932825877936_1063417335_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	5794095

Name:	14087761_908932432544642_530955_o.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	5794096
            https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

That PNG rosewood has an interesting grain to it. It's going to be a nice-looking body with the ash top. Nice job on it.

Comment

How thick is the ash top? Rosewood makes for a great neck material. Pairs well with Ebony. I'd be curious about rosewood with pau ferro. When I get some space, I'm going to dip my toes into building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
                  How thick is the ash top? Rosewood makes for a great neck material. Pairs well with Ebony. I'd be curious about rosewood with pau ferro. When I get some space, I'm going to dip my toes into building.
                  The Ash top is 6mm thick, I'm not sure how close to any other Rosewood the PNG is but it smells nice when ya cut it,darkens up with a little oil on it, I'm just making the body to this stage and someone else is going to finish it

Name:	13709664_882066735231212_1269965018_o.jpg
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	5794118

Get some space - Get building!!!
                  https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Had this laser cut based off my cad drawings but unfortunately i wanted black and got clear. A black one is on the way but either way i'm not to happy with the way it looks. I will be dealing with how it looks and i'm sure once all the hardware is on it will work ok.

Some rough mockups. this still has the backing paper on

Some black sharpie just so i could see how black would look

Last edited by kramersteen; 08-30-2016, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Had this laser cut based off my cad drawings but unfortunately i wanted black and got clear. A black one is on the way but either way i'm not to happy with the way it looks. I will be dealing with how it looks and i'm sure once all the hardware is on it will work ok.

Some rough mockups. this still has the backing paper on

Some black sharpie just so i could see how black would look

I think it looks much better black

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                        I agree.

Comment

Here's my latest Strat build. I actually finished it in April but since I've got a collection of pickups and pickguards,
                          I've been playing musical chairs finding the right combination. Now it's done.

I used an Allparts SMNF-FAT neck that I Tru-oiled, with "Kluson" style tuners that someone forgot to put in the top loading bit...lol.
                          Matched up perfectly with an light ash body from Rock Audio Guitar Parts, highly recommended and a very good price!
                          I used a Wilkinson trem with a full sized steel block...excellent!

I now understand why Tele players love the ash body/maple neck combo...very snappy and mid-rangy response.

For pickups, the bridge is a Duncan TB-59, a SSL-5 (non RW/RP) in the middle, and my a Zhangbucker Hot Vintage (A5-A3)(7.6k) for the neck slot.
                          I originally set it up as a SSS Strat with the SSL-5 in the bridge but I really can't kid myself, I need a true humbucker in the bridge.

I have no problems volume wise with these pickups, the SSL-5 matches wonderfully with the 59, even seems like they were meant to be together.
                          The Zhangbucker bridge pickup in the neck gives a wonderful jazzy flavor due to the A3 mags in the treble side.

I'll be keeping this guitar for a long time. I'm planning my next build already and it's gonna be a Tele!!!
                          Last edited by saladin; 08-30-2016, 12:32 PM.
                          Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

The DKMGT body just arrived! It's looking pretty sexy if I say so myself, but I can't install the neck yet, because the neck joint on the DKMGT used smaller screws. I'm going to have the Kahler installed by a pro, so I'll have them do the work on the neck joint too. Speaking of the Kahler, it arrived, but my mailbox isn't opening, so it's trapped... It's coming together a lot faster than I thought it would.

Sorry in advance for crappy iPad photos.

Name:	dink.jpg
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	5794143

Name:	dink 2.jpg
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	5794144

Name:	dink 3.jpg
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	5794145

Name:	Dink 4.jpg
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	5794146

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                              Thanks bro. I think I'm loosing my drive and desire for this stuff.

Comment

Thanks bro. I think I'm loosing my drive and desire for this stuff.
                                Most welcome dude!

Nah bro, its just because the seasons are changing

Put the tools away for a bit, take the kids out for a hike or something and then you'll get the itch back.

Comment

Working...
                                X