banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Hopefully I'll be posting my build soon. I'm re painting my very first guitar. My Focus 3000 by Kramer. For now here it is after I put the primer on.

I'm using my workmate bench to clamp a tube that came from an old torch light. Then I use a shelving bracket attached to the neck pocket and stick it through the tube. This way I can rotate it as I paint it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1996 Fender Custom Shop Tele Jr #24 out of 25
    Modified 1980's Kramer with classic cover 59n/59b
    1991 Ibanez 540sltd with a JB in the bridge
    Warmoth VW with a Custom in the bridge
    USA Custom Guitars hollow strat with P90s
    MIJ Fender Strat (1984 - 1987)

Peavey Transtube 212 Special, Mesa Boogie 50 Caliber +
    Orange Micro Terror, Fender Pro Jr. (w/ Eminence Texas Heat)

Comment

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Originally posted by Peter Crossley View Post
      Green...

I want to see that blue one that's behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        I want to see that blue one that's behind it.
        Ahhh....

the 98% guitar...

unfortunately this one, although she looks pretty, did not make the grade..

So I screwed her to the wall, with 4" Batten screws, right through the pickup cavity, through the lovely Honduran Mahogany back and into the wall...

she is there to remind me that only 120% is good enough....

www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

That's a great looking guitar!!

Comment

My Favorite bit,
            shaping and tuning the braces....

www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

Looks like fun, Peter. I had no idea the complexity of the underside of a top. Love that rosette.

Telejr, that should look good. Nice setup.

Comment

Finally getting my **** together on this one. A heap of planning went into this build so i am hoping i can get it finished this year. Becoming lazy isn't easy on projects.

I have a super 3 and bkp sinner middle. I don't have any theory behind the pickup choice but i think it should work.

Its going to be a strange looking thing that only its father/creator can truly love. The design reflects function which is the most important part when it comes to an instrument of this nature.

Last edited by kramersteen; 03-22-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                  Finally getting my **** together on this one. A heap of planning went into this build so i am hoping i can get it finished this year. Becoming lazy isn't easy on projects.

I have a super 3 and bkp sinner middle. I don't have any theory behind the pickup choice but i think it should work.

Its going to be a strange looking thing that only its father/creator can truly love. The design reflects function which is the most important part when it comes to an instrument of this nature.

How many frets on this one?

Originally posted by The Commodores?
                  "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

It goes to 27 as normal and then enters the world of whole-tone steps combining (28,29) (30,31) (32.33) (34,35) and (36,37). Its ridiculous that's what it is.
                    Last edited by kramersteen; 03-22-2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

A few more coats of clear to go. I'll post the end result as it comes to fruition.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just finished refinishing both of my strats - yellow is a squier bullet (first test) and red/orange is a fender hwy one... man the fender is the best guitar I've ever played. The color was bothering me, now its AWESOME!

Click image for larger version

Name:	kabpyk8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	5798118
                        My Band: Cyllene

Comment

Finished re painting my Kramer. Seafoam green from Reranch. Turned out better than I thought considering I used the spray can method.

1996 Fender Custom Shop Tele Jr #24 out of 25
                          Modified 1980's Kramer with classic cover 59n/59b
                          1991 Ibanez 540sltd with a JB in the bridge
                          Warmoth VW with a Custom in the bridge
                          USA Custom Guitars hollow strat with P90s
                          MIJ Fender Strat (1984 - 1987)

Peavey Transtube 212 Special, Mesa Boogie 50 Caliber +
                          Orange Micro Terror, Fender Pro Jr. (w/ Eminence Texas Heat)

Comment

Time off = time to work on guitars, neck carving is fun

Name:	17968747_1113817285389488_515248959_o.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	5798331

Name:	17948579_1113817095389507_1353207602_o.jpg
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	5798332
                            https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Originally posted by TeleJr24 View Post

Finished re painting my Kramer. Seafoam green from Reranch. Turned out better than I thought considering I used the spray can method.

I dont usually care for that color but on that guitar with that pickguard it really looks great!

Comment

All that's left is creating a truss rod cover. Started as a cheap eBay kit. All I used was the neck, body, knobs, control covers and switch ring. Jimmy Page wiring. Locking tuners. Gotoh TOM. Pickups are a rebranded Artec wind from Guitar Madness called 1984. Fairly PAF neck tone and output. Bridge is overwound to 13.5 k. No complaints about em. Especially for the price. Cheaper than GFS with comparable quality. My first LP style. I keep getting better at this. The action and playability are better than I'd hoped for. The cheap neck is actually pretty stable too. Not saying it's as good as a Gibson. Just saying I impressed myself with this one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by thebingopete; 04-25-2017, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X