banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

I have my ultratard 37fretter guitar getting wired up by a local tech i consider more than worthy. Cost me $100aud which i consider fair for his quality of work and to save me the hassle. Neck simulator here we come.

Looking forward to picking it up.
    Last edited by kramersteen; 05-12-2017, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChAoZ View Post
      Binding is done

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80288[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80289[/ATTACH]
      Holy ****ing Neptune!!!
      !.

Comment

I'm not so good with that foil tape. haha but it will do.

****ing happy with the wiring job imo well worth the $100aud.

I made a sweet curved backplate but its vanished and i can't find it anywhere. It's a shame because i had it looking awesome.

And before anyone asks yes i can solder i just only stick to simple wiring diagrams as it pains me doing it.

Comment

I think you need more solder on that pot Kramersteen

"Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
            I think you need more solder on that pot Kramersteen
            That's the work of ibanez. The pots came wired to the eq board. Are you saying you're better than ibanez?

It's also a mini pot not a full sized it came from the rg550xh.
            Last edited by kramersteen; 05-14-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Here is me Saturday night filling in with a friend's band on my latest build. Not a flattering pic (I'm getting old and fat) but you can see the guitar really well. The body is a Precision factory second, the neck is Warmoth, and the pickups are my first attempt at a home-wind... they turned out great! They're early 60s Fender spec. The bridge is a GFS because I had one lying around, but I have something better on order for it. I only put it on because I got the rest of the guitar put together Saturday morning and REALLY wanted to play the show on it...

Comment

Just finished this Tele... Warmoth stuff. Super nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5170.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	5800354
                -=The Dali
                --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Spent a bit of today setting this up around looking after my little man. i am pretty happy and the neck simulator works better than i expected it would. Tonight i fly...........

Comment

I am loving this guitar it plays great. Got a sweet shot of the figuring on the neck. It has that ultimate 3d look to it.

I might do some better pics and a thread if you guys are lucky. I really like the electronics it's weird having the single humbucker do both neck and bridge tones its actually rather cool. If you had a single hum guitar and wanted that neck sound it would be a perfect project for that.

Comment

Nice, Kramersteen. Very nice. It is the first time I've seen a crescent wrench in a guitar case, though.

Comment

Originally posted by rgand View Post
                        Nice, Kramersteen. Very nice. It is the first time I've seen a crescent wrench in a guitar case, though.
                        Thanks i used it for the machine heads because i have misplaced my ring spanners. For the record that's a shifting spanner.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                          Thanks i used it for the machine heads because i have misplaced my ring spanners. For the record that's a shifting spanner.
                          Well, then. That's different. I thought maybe you had hex head screws to hold the neck on or something.

Comment

Quick video of the chameleon paint

Last edited by ChAoZ; 05-20-2017, 05:23 PM.
                            https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Building this one for my uncle....

Comment

This was going to be a red Tele/Gibby but I did not like the red so...now it will be black like my other two guitars. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2752.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	5800408Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2758.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	5800409Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2757.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	5800410