banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Warmoth SSS Floyd Strat - Warmoth 70s Big Headstock Fully Scalloped Rosewood Neck & Warmoth Alder Body, Warmoth Vintage White Pearl PG filled with Late 70s NOS DiMarzio SDS-1/New RWRP SDS-1/Late 70s NOS DiMarzio SDS-1, DiMarzio 500K Volume/Fender TBX Tone/Fender TBX Tone/5 Way, 1986 Floyd Rose Original w/42mm F.U. Big Brass Block. Other than lemon oiling the neck and body - I'm leaving it just as it is and throwing it all together.
    Attached Files
    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
    1988 Kramer Nightswan
    1989 Charvel Sambora
    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

From the "Here's One I Made Earlier" files. An Artist (local brand) Cherry58. Seymour Duncan Phat Cat in the bridge, with killswitch. So much on these guitars is superfluous, the pickguard especially, but I do like the shape.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	5806368

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	5806369

I think I'll keep it.

Comment

I have three partscasters in the works right now. A GFS in seafoam, a purple MJT/USACG and an orange fathead relic.

Name:	IMG_20180421_152418.jpg
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	5806371

Name:	IMG_20180421_152457.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	5806372

Name:	IMG_20180421_152533.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	5806373
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

What's the middle cavity for on the purple? I've never seen that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post
            It's present on many vintage style tele bodies. Having a rout there makes it quicker & easier to drill wiring holes into the neck pickup rout and the control cavity. Otherwise you have to use a really long bit at an angle.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post
              That’s where the mojo go! [emoji12]
              Originally posted by The Commodores?
              "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Love that pickguard on the seafoam Strat! [emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by v8stang289 View Post
                  I've had this Warmoth Explorer body for probably 15 years. It's been my ongoing amateur guitar project. Had some cheaper g&b humbuckers and a strat style neck on it for a while but decided it needed an explorer style angled headstock and better pickups.

Neck is an maple/rosewood ebay special.
                  Pickups are Duncan Designed HB-103's with a push/pull coil split on the volume pot
                  Body is Warmoth mohagany circa 2002-2003
                  Bridge is Gotoh
                  Got the tuners at a local guitar shop around 15 years ago, not sure of the brand

I've left the body unfinished all these years, it's got some scuffs and dings, but I still can't decide how/if I want to finish it
                  So far it plays well and sounds good. Got some black speed knobs ordered for it to replaces the amber knobs.

Leave her as is. Beautiful!
                   "Originally Posted by Aceman 

I shall allow this GAS bubble pass, a mere fart in time. 

Thank you for all the advice, cheers, and jeers. This was a tough one."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                    It's present on many vintage style tele bodies. Having a rout there makes it quicker & easier to drill wiring holes into the neck pickup rout and the control cavity. Otherwise you have to use a really long bit at an angle.

Makes sense. Trying to put a bridge pu in place of the neck has been a ***** at times because sometimes it doesn't reach. If I didn't hate telecasters (sound fine, just ugly), I'd have had a workaround by now.

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]89384[/ATTACH]
                      Where did you locate that pickguard, my good sir? I've been looking all over for one of those in black and white.
                      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
                        Love that pickguard on the seafoam Strat! [emoji1303]
                        Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                        Where did you locate that pickguard, my good sir? I've been looking all over for one of those in black and white.
                        I've always had kind of a thing for tailfins, this one just really spoke to me. One thing that isn't readily apparent in my pic is that the trim strips at pointy end are actually chrome mirrored and fairly thick. I'm not sure if that's going to be a real problem for me or not, but for somebody who wears their Strats high it would dig into the tender part of the forearm. I've actually sanded down the uppermost point a bit just in case, but rounding it down more would leave the Lucite looking cloudy in that
                        spot. It remains to be seen just how uncomfortable (or injurious) it will be in use.

Christopher, I got it on eBay two years ago from a seller in Canada. Whether they're still making 'em in black I can't say, but as of now there's one still listed for sale.

EDIT: I just checked; they now have 90 of them available so I guess they must still be making 'em.
                        Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 04-23-2018, 03:39 AM.

Comment

I’m working on a shelf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Currently deciding whether to go with a antiquity neck double cream or filter tron style pickup for the Fireman. She's getting a quarter sawn maple neck soon enough.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
                              Currently deciding whether to go with a antiquity neck double cream or filter tron style pickup for the Fireman. She's getting a quarter sawn maple neck soon enough.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
                              Cosmetically, I’m digging that Filtertron. It gives it kind of a cool “old“ metallic look, especially combined with the telecaster style bridge and control plate.

Comment

This one's still in the planning stages, but should be fun when it's done:
                                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                                X