banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Looks like I’m set of Grover Tuners and a black 3 Way LP toggle switch away from this one going together. This is another one where everything just came together and fits perfectly with no gaps or issues whatsoever.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 10-18-2017, 09:02 PM.
    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
    1988 Kramer Nightswan
    1989 Charvel Sambora
    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

That is awesome. Love that green

Comment

Thank you. Nothing like what you do; you create something from nothing. Always a pleasure watching your creativity turn into a guitar.
        MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
        1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
        1988 Kramer Nightswan
        1989 Charvel Sambora
        2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
        Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
        Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
          Thank you. Nothing like what you do; you create something from nothing. Always a pleasure watching your creativity turn into a guitar.
          Yeah but what you're doing has it's own charm and in reality is a lot less stressful.

Comment

Got the neck fitted and am super happy with the fit of the joint. It's a funny looking thing but i really like it and it seems to balance great.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
              Got the neck fitted and am super happy with the fit of the joint. It's a funny looking thing but i really like it and it seems to balance great.
              Looking great!
              Originally posted by The Commodores?
              "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Just finished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got this one wired and strung for the first time today

Click image for larger version

Name:	22709943_1277292979041917_1791313721_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	5801903
                  https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Love the road kill on that one ^^ is that a sound hole?

Comment

Been putting together this recently;

Name:	2017-08-07 15.29.54.jpg
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	5801904

Name:	2017-08-08 18.44.06.jpg
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	5801905

Here are the specs;

Body: From USACG*, one-piece mahogany... gonna finish it with tru-oil, contoured heel, single battery box

Neck: From Warmoth, wenge with macassar ebony fretboard, wolfgang asymmetrical profile, 1 5/8" nut width (I got small hands), 10-16" compound radius, stainless steel medium-jumbo frets, side inlays only, kahler/floyd locking nut. The neck does not require a finish, so it is unfinished, feels great.

Hardware: Kahler 7300 Hybrid Trem (can lock into a hardtail), Kahler locking nut with string retainer (no need for seperate string retainers, cleaner look), schaller auto-trim locking tuners (not needed, but make string changes easier), schaller strap locks. Everything black. It's mocked up above with a wenge pickguard but I am not using that... it will have a matte black plastic guard.

Pickups/Electronics: I've mocked it up with EMGs above, but it will actually have Blackouts (AHB-1) that are currently in another guitar. 3-way strat style switch: neck-both-bridge. I'm going to have one master volume control and then a tone control for each pickup.

* - Unfortunately, I had to return the body to USACG because the rout for the Kahler was incorrect. It was a quarter inch too close to the neck, so the scale length when set up was only 25.25" and the saddles on the Kahler cannot move far enough to compensate for that. Hopefully I will have a new body from them soon.
                      Last edited by Silver; 10-22-2017, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Another shot of the macassar ebony fretboard:

Name:	2017-08-08 18.43.58.jpg
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	5801906

Comment

nice fretboard but that photo makes your hand look retarded. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                            Been putting together this recently;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83978[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83979[/ATTACH]

Here are the specs;

Body: From USACG*, one-piece mahogany... gonna finish it with tru-oil, contoured heel, single battery box

Neck: From Warmoth, wenge with macassar ebony fretboard, wolfgang asymetrical profile, 1 5/8" nut width (I got small hands), 10-16" compound radius, stainless steel medium-jumbo frets, side inlays only, kahler/floyd locking nut. The neck does not require a finish, so it is unfinished, feels great.

Hardware: Kahler 7300 Hybrid Trem (can lock into a hardtail), Kahler locking nut with string retainer (no need for seperate string retainers, cleaner look), schaller auto-trim locking tuners (not needed, but make string changes easier), schaller strap locks. Everything black. It's mocked up above with a wenge pickguard but I am not using that... it will have a matte black plastic guard.

Pickups/Electronics: I've mocked it up with EMGs above, but it will actually have Blackouts (AHB-1) that are currently in another guitar. 3-way strat style switch: neck-both-bridge. I'm going to have one master volume control and then a tone control for each pickup.

* - Unfortunately, I had to return the body to USACG because the rout for the Kahler was incorrect. It was a quarter inch too close to the neck, so the scale length when set up was only 25.25" and the saddles on the Kahler cannot move far enough to compensate for that. Hopefully I will have a new body from them soon.
                            Nice!

One comment and one question:

Comment: I know you said you’re gonna use a matte black guard, but I kinda like that wenge one, goes great with the macassar ebony board.

Question: What’s this?

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
                              Nice!

One comment and one question:

Comment: I know you said you’re gonna use a matte black guard, but I kinda like that wenge one, goes great with the macassar ebony board.

Question: What’s this?

I ordered that pickguard after I got the neck but before I got the body.

My original intention was to have a 3-way toggle switch, located where that hole is. So you see there is no slot for a standard strat switch... that's because my pickup selector was gonna be where that hole is.

Anyway, turns out that the battery box route is in the way... there is no room for me to drill a hole for a 3-way toggle there. I asked if they could move the battery box rout and they said no because it's all done on CNC machine. I couldn't do it myself, I don't have the skills.

So... I decided to go back with a normal strat switch.

But no I can no longer get a wenge guard made. The company that made that one has stopped doing them. I've looked everywhere and I either can't get the same quality (I can get a veneered plastic guard, but no a solid wood guard) or I can't get it in wenge. So I'm going with plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                                I ordered that pickguard after I got the neck but before I got the body.

My original intention was to have a 3-way toggle switch, located where that hole is. So you see there is no slot for a standard strat switch... that's because my pickup selector was gonna be where that hole is.

Anyway, turns out that the battery box route is in the way... there is no room for me to drill a hole for a 3-way toggle there. I asked if they could move the battery box rout and they said no because it's all done on CNC machine. I couldn't do it myself, I don't have the skills.

So... I decided to go back with a normal strat switch.

But no I can no longer get a wenge guard made. The company that made that one has stopped doing them. I've looked everywhere and I either can't get the same quality (I can get a veneered plastic guard, but no a solid wood guard) or I can't get it in wenge. So I'm going with plastic.
                                That’s a shame.

How about getting some other type of wood (unfinished) and staining it to match the board? Maple would be too hard to get that dark, but a darker wood like walnut would be easy enough to pull the color over.

Or maybe make that hole into an inlay of sorts, even if you have to change the hole’s shape a little?

But then too, having a nice guard like that around might be a good excuse to start another project. Hmmm... [emoji848]

Comment

Working...
                                X