Interesting & Unexpected NGD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting & Unexpected NGD!

Wish it were mine,,,,,,,, although I don't love the inlays I wouldn't have let it hold me back either.
    Everything else though is yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
      Wish it were mine,,,,,,,, although I don't love the inlays I wouldn't have let it hold me back either.
      Everything else though is yummy!
      Agreed...not my first choice in inlays, but I'm warming up to them

Comment

As an update, I did manage to find examples of the regular production version that Washburn mentioned!

Apparently, they made just 100, possibly fewer, of the "production" version, which is a good thing because they really dumbed down and dulled out what was already a pretty basic/barebones guitar!

No top contouring, a boring painted finish, no custom shop pickup, ugly offset bullet hole inlays and the headstock actually says "OUTLAW by Washburn", which is tacky as hell for a USA guitar!

Here it is, the ill-fated production version:

Comment

When the lightnin strikes again
          And the lights go down
          And you might be near the end
          When the lightnin strikes again
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Reminds me of a BCRich Gunslinger in so many ways...
            The strings wrapped around the wrong side doesn't do any justice to that guitar, and it only draws your eyes closer to the cheap wood burning that was done.
            Nice score by the way! Very neat guitar that has its own story and place in history.
            (+1 for the Demon swap)
            87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Yah prototype is way cooler, even if I'm not a fan of the bullet inlays.
              TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking pretty good, congrats on the cool find!

As expected, Happy New (belated) Guitar Day
                  Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                  I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                  Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                  Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

yours is badass, the production one... no wonder they didnt make a lot

Comment

That production one.. The logo makes it look like its an offshoot brand. like LYON by Washburn... Awful there .. the bullet hole inlays wouldnt be bad if they hadnt done such a crappy bullet on 12.. Washburn seems to shoot themselves in the foot. They can make amazing guitars in the US Custom shop, and then make such cheese in production.
                      Last edited by BloodRose; 03-23-2017, 10:17 PM.
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                      X