Jimmy Page x Fender… Coming January 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Page x Fender… Coming January 2019

Fender just posted this video on Social Media of a Jimmy Page Tele that will apparently come out in January 2019:

-Butch

Re: Jimmy Page x Fender… Coming January 2019

It’s very cool. I’m actually looking forward to it.

I saw it’s actually a full set of 4 guitars. https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock...59-telecaster/

I won’t be able to afford any, of course, but I still think it’s awesome

Comment

seriously now...50 years and boatload of sh** later...this can't be real...

Comment

I sure hope it comes stock with 9's and a free DI box to inject it into your sound board.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

At least It's not a tweaked cheap Les Paul copy (in the vain of the Gibson Hendrix Strat I just learned existed.)
          Originally posted by King Buzzo
          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
            I sure hope it comes stock with 9's and a free DI box to inject it into your sound board.
            Dunno really...but think back in those olden days they didn't have 9s....so JP probably used a banjo string for the first then dropped the rest on down the line...to be authentic then it should probably come with a banjo string @ #1...

Comment

I’m surprised this wasn’t done 25 years ago

Comment

;>)/
                sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                  It’s very cool. I’m actually looking forward to it.

I saw it’s actually a full set of 4 guitars. https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock...59-telecaster/

I won’t be able to afford any, of course, but I still think it’s awesome
                  ha ha maybe they need to postpone this some 1-2 decades more til they get it really correct

Comment

If you believe internet lore, Jimmy never actually used a Les Paul, only a Telecaster. All the acoustic stuff on III? Telecaster. Kashmir? Telecaster. All of My Love? Dragon Tele with a bender!
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                      If you believe internet lore, Jimmy never actually used a Les Paul, only a Telecaster. All the acoustic stuff on III? Telecaster. Kashmir? Telecaster. All of My Love? Dragon Tele with a bender!
                      dont forget "Baby I am gonna leave you". Original was played on a tele, then Joan Baez played this on a acoustic

Comment

A lot of his best known stuff is a Tele. Stairway is all Fender for the electric side.

I wonder who the 'friend' of Page's was that (without being asked and also while JP was away on tour) decided that what the Dragon Tele needed most was a refin - and supposedly 'killed' it in the process.

Comment

I wonder what Gibson did to piss off the most iconic Les Paul player in history?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            I wonder what Gibson did to piss off the most iconic Les Paul player in history?
                            Fire Henry J
                            LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              Two words that start with H and J

I don't care if Page used rubbers bands stretched over a shoebox. I like the sound he got.
                              -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                              “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Working...
                              X