Jimmy Page x Fender… Coming January 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jimmy Page x Fender… Coming January 2019

The Elec. XII is something they really should reissue. Not long ago they did reproduce bridges for the Squier Venus and Strat XII...
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      That sounds like a fantastic idea!
      If you have a larger budget, the Fender Strat XIIs with the fully intonatable bridge are even better. I don't know if it's still there but there was a rather rare 50s style Strat XII on reverb for $850 when I bought the Pacifica. If I'd had the money, I would've bought that instead since I generally prefer maple boards on a Strat.

Edit: It is still there and only $820 now. Seriously, buy this thing before I do something really dumb. I looked up the serial number and it dates to 1993 rather than '95/'96 which is before they started importing them to the US. From my research this was likely part of a batch order for a dealer in Japan since this 50s style model doesn't officially exist as far as the catalogs are concerned.
      Last edited by dystrust; 11-10-2018, 01:20 PM. Reason: Found the listing
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
        The Elec. XII is something they really should reissue. Not long ago they did reproduce bridges for the Squier Venus and Strat XII...
        The funny thing is that the original XII's sold so poorly that after they discontinued the model they had enough bodies left over to add a few cutaways and remarket them as 6 string Mavericks.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Which is a bit funny to me, considering they were a known quantity in period records (such as Jimmy Page's use of it) with some famous users a few years after they were discontinued (Tom Petty etc.) I guess Rickenbacker had the twelve string market for the most part in those days (would love one of those too.)
          Originally posted by King Buzzo
          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Both models seem to have developed a cult following since they were discontinued.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
            X