• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6stringerguy
    replied
    Re: How many guitars do you own?

Originally posted by Cynical View Post
    Two pics of each: https://imgur.com/a/ppFi3Pl (I really hope I got the link right this time, I swear, Imgur changes the way their website works every week now...)

The Rhoads V in the background of one of the Beast shots isn't mine; I was travelling for work with a watch on that one on Reverb when the price dropped to a point where I knew it wasn't going to last for long, so I ordered it and had it shipped to the bassist in my band (who is a long-time trusted friend and also plays guitar; in fact, he taught me when we were both in college), and that was one of the pics he sent me when it got there.
    Absolutely lovin that ultra V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Cynical
    replied

Originally posted by 6stringerguy View Post
    Would like to see a picture of the Ultra V and that Beast.

Two pics of each: https://imgur.com/a/ppFi3Pl (I really hope I got the link right this time, I swear, Imgur changes the way their website works every week now...)

The Rhoads V in the background of one of the Beast shots isn't mine; I was travelling for work with a watch on that one on Reverb when the price dropped to a point where I knew it wasn't going to last for long, so I ordered it and had it shipped to the bassist in my band (who is a long-time trusted friend and also plays guitar; in fact, he taught me when we were both in college), and that was one of the pics he sent me when it got there.
    Last edited by Cynical; 10-20-2019, 02:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Van Noord
    replied

In order of appearance

Fender Highway One Strat
    LTD Viper 301
    Schecter Solo II Blackjack
    Schecter Solo II Custom
    Ibanez RG3EX1

Many others left on the cutting room floor.

Leave a comment:

• BeKindRewind
    replied

13 but I only really play 1

Ibanez RG1570
    Ibanez RG42FMA
    Jackson DK2/carved top
    Jackson DX10D
    Jackson KVX10
    Jackson KV1 Mustaine (neck thru Japan)
    Jackson Kelly Pro (neck thru japan)
    Jackson SLATXMG 8 String
    Fender 91' USA Strat plus
    Fender 06' USA Stratocaster w/ antiquities
    Gibson SG Diablo supreme
    Squier p-bass
    Ibanez SR 505 5 string bass

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BeKindRewind; 10-20-2019, 11:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 6stringerguy
    replied

Originally posted by Cynical View Post
    Six, three of which get played regularly.

An Ibanez GIO that was my first guitar, and I only still have it because getting it in sellable shape wouldn't be worth the money I'd get from selling it. I'm hoping one of my younger relatives takes up guitar so I can just give it to one of them.

An electric 12-string that my dad built that I never play, but I'd never sell, because who the hell would sell a guitar that their dad built?

A Jackson KE-3 that's something of a work-in-progress. It was my main guitar for years, right now I've got several upgrades I plan on hitting it with. It is my only guitar with a trem...

A Kiesel Ultra V. I keep it in B standard tuning, and it's my #1 player.

A PRS SE 277. Also kept in B generally, when I do need to tune below B, it's my go to. I mainly like it to have another texture to complement the Ultra V on recordings, the long scale-length gives it a different attack.

A BC Rich USA Custom Shop Beast. This is my standard tuning guitar.
    Would like to see a picture of the Ultra V and that Beast.

Leave a comment:

• idsnowdog
    replied

Too many! Unfortunately I have fallen into the trap of building/buying/modifying guitars as a way to try different pickups and wiring combinations but it isn't always a rewarding endeavor because not all combinations work and it's sometimes hard to determine where the problem lies.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

I have five six strings, a seven string, one 5 string bass and one four. No acoustics atm. I could get by with less, yet wouldn't mind more, aside from not really having any space to put them.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NecroPolo
    replied

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    Too many and not enough.
    An idea to consider.

With my 6 electrics 2 acoustics and 1 bass it is not a big harem. Still an ample of fun.

Leave a comment:

• 6stringerguy
    replied

Originally posted by jimilee View Post
    I feel much better now, at 44, I no longer think I have a real problem. I guess I can seek therapy if I get to 68.
    Do you have a variety or do you lean towards a specific type, mfgr etc?

If I bought every guitar that I liked then I’ve had over 50 easy but nowadays it has be different in some way, different wood, pickups, feel or tuning.

Leave a comment:

• jimilee
    replied

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I just bought number 67.

Bill
    I feel much better now, at 44, I no longer think I have a real problem. I guess I can seek therapy if I get to 68.
    Do you have a variety or do you lean towards a specific type, mfgr etc?

Leave a comment:

• GreatOz
    replied

Originally posted by The_Junior View Post
    I just cant settle with one. and because I built them, they have some sentimental pull on me.
    4 of my guitars have sentimental value; 2 of my WIP guitars are gifts from family and the other two are my first one and my custom Warmoth strat.

Leave a comment:

• The_Junior
    replied

I have to think hard for a second as I haven't been home since early September.. counting one I have onboard, and two up coming projects... That makes it seven.

I just cant settle with one. and because I built them, they have some sentimental pull on me.

Leave a comment:

• JamesPaul
    replied

5 acoustics, 14 electrics, for a total of 19. I didn't include my 1 bass.

My kids are playing 2 electrics and 1 acoustic. Another acoustic needs the neck reset. Plus I'm selling 1 electric.

So that is not too bad.

Right?

Leave a comment:

• Boogie Bill
    replied

I just bought number 67.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• gsammo79
    replied

If I'd have hung onto all of them, 6. A PRS se, Les Paul classic, Gibson blueshawk(my first one), Mexican fender strat, samick LP, Epiphone LP tribute plus. The LP classic is the one i really miss

Leave a comment:

Working...
X