Post Pics of your Latest Guitar Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Pics of your Latest Guitar Purchase

Picked this up and Gator case few days ago. It's an Ibanez GRG131DX. Guitar is a cheaper RG but I'm totally impressed with the playability and sound. Great playing guitar and the red sharktooth inlays and binding look so nice. I have no plans changing the pickups in this one, either. I put some strat knobs on it though. Love this guitar!
    Attached Files

Does it count if it was a gift?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s been a year and a half since my last guitar purchase. I enjoyed the Fender Elite series so much that I figured my Autumn Blaze Strat needed an Autumn Blaze Tele to match.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Mine isn't finished yet. It's a LP Jr Doublecut project from Precision Guitar Kits. Still got a lot to do but pics will be coming.

Comment

Roman Quicksilver #539 (Floyd Modded)

09-13-2020, 03:16 PM
          ​I picked this up a few days ago after having played it at a local gear shop over the last couple of weeks and being quite impressed. Initially had my eyes on a Floyd Modded '82 Dan Smith Ten Pound Strat (I kid you not....HEAVY Ash Body) that was cool, but I felt was overpriced and needed some work to solidify the Floyd Mod. It wound up selling to a local gentleman who does a lot of eBay business (Carr Guitar).

Must say that I am glad that I passed on the Dan Smith as I have now spent some time playing the Roman Quicksilver through my Rivera and Boogie and it does not disappoint in any way; great sustain, individual note definition and, most importantly, tone. Excellent build quality, great woods and top shelf components, well done OFR mod, super comfy to play neck/fretboard radius/jumbo frets...everything I could want wrapped up in a lovely package.

*** EDIT: Contacted Ed Roman Guitars in Vegas and they concluded that based upon the three digit serial number and specifics of the guitar that it is a Quicksilver Classic Archtop Model most likely manufactured in 2002-2004 and that it features their Directly Coupled Bolt-In Neck, All Access Neck Joint and Black Back Duncans. Would have originally been a Tune-o-matic/Stop Tail as well. Starting Price prior to any options was $2,195.00.

*** EDIT: Further research led me to Roman Quicksilver #513 which is a 2004 so I'm pretty comfortable that mine is a 2004 as well being 26 guitars later.

Since there isn't much out there on these...I've contributed a bit of info that I have run across...

The Quicksilver Platform

Reminiscent of Paul Reed Smith's Body Shape with Only Minor Improvements. It wasn't easy to beat the original design but we think we did. See the major improvements at our Quicksilver Versus PRS Full Comparison article.

The Quicksilver Platform is basically the marriage of a number of Ed Roman Innovations:
          1. The 25" Scale 24 Fret Neck
          2. The Direct Couple System Bolt-In Neck
          3. The Ed Roman Designed All Access Neck Joint
          4. The Headstock Angle
          5. The 1/8" Ebony Slab on the headstock face for added strength
          6. The Solid Pickup Mounting System
          7. Push:Pull Pot design
          8. Tune-O-Matic Bridge
          9. Blackback pickups by Seymour Duncan eveloped for Ed and similar to the Pearly Gates and Custom Custom
          10. Choice of 12 different headstock shapes
          11. Choice of 100 different body shapes
          12. Choice of over 100 different wood combinations
          13. The Highest Level of Craftsmanship that make EVERY Ed Roman Guitar UNIQUELY INDIVIDUAL

MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
          1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
          1988 Kramer Nightswan
          1989 Charvel Sambora
          2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
          Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
          Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

is it bad that i cant remember? i think it was the les paul? '09 traditional that i swapped a pair of antiquities into, and took the guard off. this is the only pic i have handy

Click image for larger version

Name:	lpt_top.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	6022591

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
                  Roman Quicksilver #539 (Floyd Modded)

09-13-2020, 03:16 PM
                  ​I picked this up a few days ago after having played it at a local gear shop over the last couple of weeks and being quite impressed. Initially had my eyes on a Floyd Modded '82 Dan Smith Ten Pound Strat (I kid you not....HEAVY Ash Body) that was cool, but I felt was overpriced and needed some work to solidify the Floyd Mod. It wound up selling to a local gentleman who does a lot of eBay business (Carr Guitar).

Must say that I am glad that I passed on the Dan Smith as I have now spent some time playing the Roman Quicksilver through my Rivera and Boogie and it does not disappoint in any way; great sustain, individual note definition and, most importantly, tone. Excellent build quality, great woods and top shelf components, well done OFR mod, super comfy to play neck/fretboard radius/jumbo frets...everything I could want wrapped up in a lovely package.

*** EDIT: Contacted Ed Roman Guitars in Vegas and they concluded that based upon the three digit serial number and specifics of the guitar that it is a Quicksilver Classic Archtop Model most likely manufactured in 2002-2004 and that it features their Directly Coupled Bolt-In Neck, All Access Neck Joint and Black Back Duncans. Would have originally been a Tune-o-matic/Stop Tail as well. Starting Price prior to any options was $2,195.00.

*** EDIT: Further research led me to Roman Quicksilver #513 which is a 2004 so I'm pretty comfortable that mine is a 2004 as well being 26 guitars later.

Since there isn't much out there on these...I've contributed a bit of info that I have run across...

The Quicksilver Platform

Reminiscent of Paul Reed Smith's Body Shape with Only Minor Improvements. It wasn't easy to beat the original design but we think we did. See the major improvements at our Quicksilver Versus PRS Full Comparison article.

The Quicksilver Platform is basically the marriage of a number of Ed Roman Innovations:
                  1. The 25" Scale 24 Fret Neck
                  2. The Direct Couple System Bolt-In Neck
                  3. The Ed Roman Designed All Access Neck Joint
                  4. The Headstock Angle
                  5. The 1/8" Ebony Slab on the headstock face for added strength
                  6. The Solid Pickup Mounting System
                  7. Push:Pull Pot design
                  8. Tune-O-Matic Bridge
                  9. Blackback pickups by Seymour Duncan eveloped for Ed and similar to the Pearly Gates and Custom Custom
                  10. Choice of 12 different headstock shapes
                  11. Choice of 100 different body shapes
                  12. Choice of over 100 different wood combinations
                  13. The Highest Level of Craftsmanship that make EVERY Ed Roman Guitar UNIQUELY INDIVIDUAL

Dude, I LOVE this guitar. What a stunner!!

Comment

Thanks! It's been a very pleasant surprise all around. Really happy with it. Actually went to Roman Guitars last month and checked out a couple more older ones within 25 digits serial number-wise to mine. Of course those hadn't been modded for a Floyd but they were rock solid and equally impressive.
                    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                    1988 Kramer Nightswan
                    1989 Charvel Sambora
                    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Name:	20201016_154134.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	6022673
                      Soundcloud

Comment

Slash Les Paul ... received a couple of days ago... happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        ___
                        T.B.
                        Raiford, Fla

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          is it bad that i cant remember? i think it was the les paul? '09 traditional that i swapped a pair of antiquities into, and took the guard off. this is the only pic i have handy

Name:	lpt_top.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	6022591
                          How do you like the Antiquities?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          ___
                          T.B.
                          Raiford, Fla

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1945.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.3 KB ID:	6022701

love em! stock covered bridge, uncovered zebra neck that i swapped an a3 magnet into. this is what it looks like these days

Comment

10S GF Aged Silverburst

Name:	IMG_0780[6678].jpg
Views:	375
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	6022710

My Bands -
                              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time