No announcement yet.

How many guitars do you currently own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have added three Les Pauls and a Mandocello since this picture has been taken.

Last edited by Securb; 12-22-2020, 07:52 AM.

Comment

6 electrics
      1 electric project in progress
      1 acoustic
      1 bass

With them are my oldest daughter's electric and bass.

Comment

6-10 for me. I tend to go for a particular sound and guitars that can get many tones, rather that look for lots of different-sounding guitars.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

10 all electrics. 6 Carvin Kiesels my PRS Custom 24 and 3 USA Custom Washburns.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I go for different looking guitars. They all sound the same.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              6-10 for me. I tend to go for a particular sound and guitars that can get many tones, rather that look for lots of different-sounding guitars.
              You do know you can do both.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                I go for different looking guitars. They all sound the same.
                The goal is for all your Caddies to sound the same just look different? So you are choosing pickups to minimize the differences? Interesting.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'm at 14 and a project one. Unloading one this weekend, if the buyer doesn't back out.

Comment

You know, I’d like to see a “play it on the wrong guitar” series.

Chicken Pickin on a Les Paul
                    Creamy British Blues licks on a Strat
                    SRV on a double locking HSH
                    Motley Crue on a (traditional) Tele

I know the point of gear pages is to fuel the GAS but I’m really wondering how many one (and that means me) needs?

-Acoustic
                    -P/J Bass
                    -60’s Strat
                    -Super Strat
                    -Tele
                    -Les Paul

Is that it?
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'm at 12 with 1 project, and longcat has another 7.
                      Gibsons (4): SG Standard, Explorer, Les Paul Standard, ES-335
                      Charvel (3): Model 4, Model 2 (project), Model 1A
                      Guild (2): DV-6, G212
                      Fender Tele, Yamaha Pacifica 12, & Spector Rebop bass

Between those and a few I borrow from longcat, we have the basses () pretty well covered in terms of different sounds. If I add another it'll be a second SG as a backup for gigs.
                      Last edited by dystrust; 12-22-2020, 11:28 AM.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I think I've mentioned this before, but I have a friend in LA who decorated his house getting a Korean company to knockoff basically every classic guitar for him. at like 100-200 a pop. I think the guitars are built in China or Malaysia though

They look close enough for the art aspect -most play like **** but most have never been set up at all -they are just paintings basically

he has over a hundred of them wall to wall in his house. looks super cool. Sprinkled in are his couple of legit 60s Strats and LPs.

He looked at like -instead of buying art and framing things -he spent less than 20k to decorate his entire house (guitar plus Hercules hangers) in the art he really cares about.

He did this around 2008 to 2014 BTW
                        Last edited by NegativeEase; 12-22-2020, 11:33 AM.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I'm at 8, 1 acoustic, 6 electrics (3 of which are works in progress that I haven't gotten around to finishing), and 1 bass guitar.

Comment

Including basses, up to 28. I have quite a few on the chopping block, but most of them need some work, new pots/switches/etc, and I've been too lazy to do the work. If I ever get around to it, that would drop me down to aroung 15ish.
                            sigpic
                            Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

I'm down to about a dozen, plus a handful of essentially complete, but still in "project" status guitars

Comment

Just four. Three electrics (tuned to E standard, E flat, and D standard), one acoustic. No basses, which is a serious deficit for me. Hopefully, in the next few years, I'll get at least one more electric and a bass.

Comment

Working...
                                X