No announcement yet.

BYO guitar Baritone Conversion neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Masta C, did the necks ever come in?

Comment

Funny you should ask...NOPE! So far, nothing!

I wrote BYO Guitars at 6 weeks to get an update and got no reply.

I wrote again the following week and received a response that they were actively building them and they would ship within a week, but they never did.

I wrote again last week (Week 10) asking for an update, but, once again, got no reply.

Wrote them again today (coming up on Week 11 since I placed the order) and opened up a Paypal dispute for "item not received". If they don't reply ASAP with a realistic shipping commitment (I'm getting ready to relocate for work, so they need to get here soon!), I will escalate the case and/or do a chargeback with my credit card.

What I *think* is happening is that their "Custom Shop" is not USA-based and, as such, their shipments are prone to delays from overseas.

At this point, I wouldn't recommend dealing with them. As you might expect, they were quick to respond when I was seeking to place an order, but now that I'm in "waiting" mode and they have my money, they don't seem to have the same zeal for "customer service".

Comment

Wow. That’s disappointing. Hopefully you get a full refund for what you ordered. I suppose I’ll have to go the Warmoth route for baritone necks. Thanks for taking the risk and giving them a try. I hope your move goes well too!

Comment

Thank you!

If I wasn't under a time crunch, I would typically be willing to give them more time. That said, they should under-promise and over-deliver, not the other way around!

Comment

Finally got an update!

They sent the following picture of the necks "in progress" on Monday and followed up with tracking info today. So, it looks like they are officially on their way!

Not sure what the deal is with the black material over the inlays in the picture, but the necks are certainly looking nice overall, even in "rough" form. Can't wait to see the final product!

Comment

Oh excellent. I’m glad you finally got something from them. Let me know what you think when you get them!

Comment

Working...
              X