Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post

It is all in the fingers
    Well, my fingers can pull that bar up pretty sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      How do you all manage playing 9's without snapping them?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
      I do fine, even on a scalloped neck.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I play 9's a full step down, and in Drop C.

Comment

Theoretically Boomers as round-core would not hold tune as well as hex-core when using the bar heavy, the reason being that the wrap digs into the corners of the hex-core and better resist slippage.

I have both types on various OFR guitars and haven't noticed much if any difference, but my setups are lighter tension to begin with, and I also use fairly subtle vibrato with the bar.

Comment

Apologies, but I thought there was some kind of law of nature that specified that Floyd Rose systems had to get GHS Boomers.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post

I play 9's a full step down, and in Drop C.
              so does the tension feel like 8s then?
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                The problem disappeared at some point. For my part I think it had to do with effectivising my motions to be able to do speed picking, which also meant that I began applying less force than I had previously. These days I can go for a full year of semiserious between breaking strings.

Comment

I typically use 9’s on any 25.5 scale guitar, Floyd or not. But I have never had an issues with breakage that wasn’t explainable. (I.E. burrs on the saddle etc…)

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

so does the tension feel like 8s then?
                    I have no idea as I've never played 8s, but it's probably the same.

Comment

Same as any other

Comment

[QUOTE=JOLLY;n6159213]

I have no idea as I've never played 8s, but it's probably the same.[/QUOTE

Me either -too heavy handed to get that small, but typically every whole step down in tuning makes the string play like it's a size smaller. -so was curious if the rule still works once you get that small.

Comment

I wish I had found this deal before I bought strings. At this price, I will grab another 10-pack. Only $27 for 10 packs of GHS, Ernie Ball and D'Addario with free shipping. Use coupon code ROLL2022 at checkout.

https://www.musicianmadness.com/accessories/elixir-acoustic-guitar-strings-medium-nanoweb-13-56-phosphor-bronze/

Comment

You got me again! You never give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              I wish I had found this deal before I bought strings. At this price, I will grab another 10-pack. Only $27 for 10 packs of GHS, Ernie Ball and D'Addario with free shipping. Use coupon code ROLL2022 at checkout.

https://www.musicianmadness.com/accessories/elixir-acoustic-guitar-strings-medium-nanoweb-13-56-phosphor-bronze/
                              Why does this link take me to YouTube and Rick Astley?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

Why does this link take me to YouTube and Rick Astley?
                                Last edited by Securb; 03-20-2022, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X