No announcement yet.

Your #1 Ibanez Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My MIJ S-540LTD Sabre from '94. Has the AANJ neck joint, Lo-pro edge trem (my best tremolo ever), original wizard and a set of A4 "Sinbucker - 7th Sin" pickups hand-wound by Chris Carter of Sounds Of Sin pickups that are phenomenal .. huge step up from the stock Quantum's Wish I'd ordered more of his stuff..

Reason for the #1 position??? I have never played faster on any other guitar

Jokes apart, it plays like greased lightning & sounds heavenly...it was my second Ibanez (and guitar) after my old DT250 which was also a great axe, and is easily my most used and played guitar.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

^^ Get yer Gambale on!

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

My RG550 had an AANJ but no cool multipiece laminated neck. I never had a problem with keeping it stable, though comfort eventually became an issue with it being so thin. That probably had as much to do with my fret-hand posture changing, as anything else.

The mulipiece laminated necks are wonderful. I wouldnt be afraid to fall in love with a new Ibanez built like that, or with a well inspected used one. I thought the $699 George Benson model was pretty nice, too. Mini hums, and they float them off the top.
      I can't remember when they started doing it, but they had 3pc all maple necks at some stage, then around 1996-97 they started doing the middle bubinga stripe on Prestige, which was introduced at that time. The Genesis models have a 5pc neck with a volute and top mounted nut; for Wizard style, probably never been better. The neck also goes all the way to the pu cavity - no Strat style joint with fretboard extension like the old ones.

Had a 320 for a long time, which was a flatsawn Wizard II and never had problems.

The only Ibz jazz box I've played was an AF75. Seemed like a decent guitar, just not my thing.
      Originally posted by dominus
      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

My SRX690EX

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

And the "coffin lid" next to it.

Comment

Close runner up. X2N, Fast Track 1, and D Activator X pickups. My E standard guitar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220412_184232.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	6165704

Comment

Then there is this Premium that fights for the #1 spot. It depends on the day, but usually it comes out on top. D Activator bridge.

Name:	20220412_185151.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	6165706

Comment

My number 1 is RGA32 that I had refinished in sunburst and the active electronics of which I ripped out and installed a set of Evolutions. I also have RG550 Genesis, RG655 and RG3XXV but this low end cheap is the best playing, especially cause the neck is flat D shape.

Comment

I sold my number one Ibanez ages ago. It makes me sad seeing what they go for now.

Comment

What exactly is the coffin lid? I have seen you mention it a few times, but I could never quite make out what you were referencing in the photos.
                    I would guess it's the plain top of the Ibanez which kinda looks like pine (old school coffin material).

Comment

Js1600. Mahogany, fixed bridge. Not the best pic.

Name:	IMG_7167.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	6166182

Comment

The JS/Radius body shape has always been my favorite Strat-esque shape from Ibanez. Never dug the JS necks as much as I thought I would, though. The '80s Radius versions were more to my liking, but love the simplicity of that JS1600!

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                          The JS/Radius body shape has always been my favorite Strat-esque shape from Ibanez. Never dug the JS necks as much as I thought I would, though. The '80s Radius versions were more to my liking, but love the simplicity of that JS1600!
                          Loved the original Radius guitars...very comfortable. I should have bought one back then (and a Maxxas).
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

What exactly is the coffin lid? I have seen you mention it a few times, but I could never quite make out what you were referencing in the photos.
                            Let's see if can find a better photo.

Comment

Oh, and it's actually mahogany, not pine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mononoaware View Post
                                Js1600. Mahogany, fixed bridge. Not the best pic.

Name:	IMG_7167.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	6166182
                                Damn, that is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X