X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I forgot about the Mason Tele!
    I did too!

It wasn't my initial goal at all, but it really ended up pretty similar. Details here.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EVH finished 001.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	6178892Eddie Van Hardtail

Comment

Ya know, that works as a hardtail. Nicely done.

Comment

I did a white and black EVH Strat tribute MANY years ago. I don't have any pics.
          Originally posted by Frankly
          PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
          Originally posted by Diocletian
          Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

Comment

I have a 2016 Fender MIM strat i basically made into an Alex Lifeson "Lerxt" copy of the white one he used in the 80s. Floyd 1000 series, SH-9 Silverbird in the bridge, with a 3 way toggle down on the lower horn. I will post a pic in the next few days.
            Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
            Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

I have 2, but they are not exact replicas.

My Ace tribute from my anti-DiMarzio days. So it is loaded with a Custom/Jazz from back in the days one could pull the covers off.

The other is a Lead II like the other guitarist played in my first band. The Lead II neck twisted around the truss rod and could not be cost effectively saved. So it has a '72 Tele Deluxe replacement neck.

I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Finished.

In the end I cheated and bought a pre-painted Chinese body off eBay. My lousy rattle can spray painting and a couple of other problems.

Anyway.

The spec is a pre-painted Chinese body and neck from eBay, solid mahogany with a rosewood fretboard, Dean "Lights Out" pickups, Grover locking tuners, Gotoh stoptail, Guyker roller saddle bridge, TusqXL nut. The electronics are DIY with three CTS 500K push-pulls giving individual coil splits and phase flipping the bridge pickup. The pickguard came from pickguards.com. the output jack was moved to the tip of the lower V by yours truly.

Name:	20220831_045435.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	6194684

Comment

Oh. And...

Name:	20220822_165129.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	6194686

Comment

Michael does not have quite that much hair left.
                    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
                      Michael does not have quite that much hair left.
                      Hence the wooly hats.

Comment

My last semi-custom was secretly inspired by Adam Jones. I changed the shapes & colors to avoid jumping on the silverburst bandwagon & to mostly disguise it. But it's a 2"-thick body mahogany w/ solid maple cap, maple neck w/ ebony fretboard, triple binding all the way around, low-output alnico 5 humbucker in the neck position (turned around), ceramic high-output humbucker in the bridge position. I stuck a fatfinger on the headstock. The neck tenon shape & depth is surprisingly Click image for larger version

Name:	389CE249-3E31-4437-86F6-FAD9D311F568.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	6197853 close to an old LP Custom, also.
                        Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

58 DC Jr Tribute, fine guitar.

Comment

TOP DOWN

Ace Frehley GP Cover tribute EPI LPC3
                            Mick Ronson - Mars EPI LP
                            Mick Ronson - RONNO EPI LP
                            An Homage of sorts to Greeny Gibson Standard Faded refin

I've down others too but I am not big on pics.

Name:	curlier.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	6201950

Name:	MARS.png
Views:	159
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	6201951

Name:	RONNO.png
Views:	186
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	6201952

Name:	LEMONY.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	6201953
                            My Bands -
                            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I helped a friend turn his Fender Strat into an Alex Lifeson signature. He's a huge Rush fan, so he's loving it. The routing for the wiring of the 3 way at the lower horn was not that fun though.
                              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                              ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
                              Originally posted by Securb
                              The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Yeah, did a mark knopfler strat, a Gilmour black strat, and a Dave Murray strat. fun projects for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                -=The Dali
                                --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Working...
                                X