No announcement yet.

Have you built a Tribute guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I no longer have pics, but about 10 years ago I made a Janick Gers black Strat out of a road worn 50's body and a road worn '60s neck (needed the rosewood fretboard), JB Jr.s in neck and bridge. I just always loved the look of Jan's black Strat, the one he said the Ian Gillan gave to him.
    Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
    Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
    Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
    Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Originally posted by The Dali View Post
      Yeah, did a mark knopfler strat, a Gilmour black strat, and a Dave Murray strat. fun projects for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Which Knopfler Strat, the red one?

I kind of am intrigued by his 80’s Pensa Suhr guitar.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

i played one of those pensa guitars. it was pretty sweet, the p/p spc was a little weird but im sure ya get used to it. played damn good

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          i played one of those pensa guitars. it was pretty sweet, the p/p spc was a little weird but im sure ya get used to it. played damn good
          If you remember, what was the neck like? Thickness/shape, finish…
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

kinda thick c strat neck, but not huge. glossy finish but felt super smooth

Comment

Originally posted by STLMTLHD79 View Post
              I have a 2016 Fender MIM strat i basically made into an Alex Lifeson "Lerxt" copy of the white one he used in the 80s. Floyd 1000 series, SH-9 Silverbird in the bridge, with a 3 way toggle down on the lower horn. I will post a pic in the next few days.
              The Hentor Sportscaster!, It was among all of the Rush guitars he auctioned off a year or so ago, there were guitars in there I would have thought he would never sell, as he had said before how important those particular guitars were to him, including his famous black Paul Reed Smith CE24 and even his trusty old white Gibson ES345 (yes, THAT one)!!
              Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
              Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
              Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
              Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

When I had a 50th anniversary Squier Strat, I made it into a Yannick Gers clone. Just slapped on a pair of Dragonfire Hot Rails and called it a day.

Comment

I always wanted a tribute Steve Howe ES-Artist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uses335sh-xl-02.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	6210836
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I know Jeremy hates pickguards. That guitar is going to make his head explode.

Comment

honestly that offends me less than some, but id still rip that **** right the **** off. the switches intrigue me though

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                        I always wanted a tribute Steve Howe ES-Artist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uses335sh-xl-02.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	6210836
                        Very pretty and kinda cool. But I think an upper pickguard might be in my way personally.
                        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Certainly a very strange thing. Steve put that one there, they didn't come with dual pickguards.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

All my guitars are pretty much a tribute to modification.

Except for my Fender Player. Which, I guess, is a tribute to modification in that it shows how some guitars don't need to be modified.

Comment

Working...
                            X