NGD - Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Les Paul

For the last month or so, I've been kinda casually looking for a Gibson Les Paul. Just keeping an eye on FB Marketplace, local forums and stuff. Almost pulled the trigger on a Bourbon Burst Standard on Reverb, but the price was a little high and I really wanted to play before I bought.

I happened to check the classifieds on a local firearm forum Sunday night, and saw a Les Paul listed. A wine red 2018 Signature Player Plus, with Dimarzio 36th anniversary PAFs and Faber Tone-Lock bridge and tailpiece. I knew the guy selling it as I bought a Marshall cab from him last year. So I messaged him and we worked out a deal. I picked it up this evening after work.

I am in love with this guitar! I love the color and the figure, and I really dig the satin finish. Feels and plays awesome, and I'm pretty impressed with the Dimarzios as well. The fretboard is Richlite, which I have no previous experience with. But I have no complaints so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lp20182.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	6186252

Name:	IMG_0386.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	6186251

Name:	E617C8AC-2FDE-4323-817A-7243EC6F8BB6.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	6186250

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

I love the color. That is a very sweet Lester. I have Richlite on my Les Paul Memphis, I love it. The fingerboard is smooth as glass and bends are effortless.

Comment

A very cool, unique color for an LP...love it!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nice one. Sounds like a nice configuration also.

Comment

I love those satin finishes, congrats, that is gorgeous!

Comment

Great looking guitar indeed, enjoy!

Comment

Nice score!
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Oh man, that's classy! Congrats!

Comment

Oh that's effing Haaaawt!

Satin LP's for the Win!
                  https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

Gorgeous!

Comment

Great color, and the gold really sets it off. Or each, compliments each other.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                          Great color, and the gold really sets it off. Or each, compliments each other.
                          I have seen that wine finish before but never with a AAA top. Yes, that is gorgeous.

Comment

Thanks guys.
                            As soon as I saw the pics, I knew I had to have it.
                            The price was really reasonable in my opinion, and the guy selling was a stand up guy that I'd dealt with before.
                            I showed my wife the pics and she was like "Fuuuuuu..........."... because she knew it was a done deal. lol
                            "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Working...
                            X