No announcement yet.

NGD (but not for me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's nice to see Ibanez bringing back the sparkle finishes. They aren't too over-the-top and the teal/turquoise is pretty unique.

I had their original Talman TC825 in both the silver and blue sparkle versions, as well as a couple RG517 models (RG570 with sparkle finish).

Would be awesome if they reissued the Talmans like that!

Comment

Would be awesome if they reissued the Talmans like that!
      I've been a fan since the late 70's when they made some great copies and were just starting to make their original models. It's world class stuff. Never cared for the Talman shape, but they are fine players and sound good.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Ibanez should've reissued the lipstick pu Talman (or the dual mini hum + lipstick one); instead they went a bit safe/boring by making them with Strat or Tele pups.

I do like Yvette Young's sparkly ones though.

Then there's the ultra blingy J. Yuenger Iceman .
        Originally posted by dominus
        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Oh I like the Talman with more conventional pickups. The lipsticks might look cooler, but to me sound infinitely worse.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
            Cool; yeah, these days Gios and mid-level RGs have pretty good/fun colour options.

Ibz aren't offering a HSH hardtail RG in their Indo lines at the moment; there is 421M dual hb in green sparkle (pink too).

There was a 471 years ago, ash body and sharktooth inlays.
            Yep, that's the one. Looked like a lot of fun for the money.

Comment

I've always liked that sparkle color. I thought about buying one of those hardtail ones a couple of years ago, but I'm just not a 24 fret guy.
              Last edited by JOLLY; 11-20-2022, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Oh I like the Talman with more conventional pickups. The lipsticks might look cooler, but to me sound infinitely worse.
                EVH ha a Wolfgang with lipstick pickups. He actually had a bunch of different prototypes including an SSS.

Comment

I did hear about that, but I can't help but think he ultimately made the right choice.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                    Cool find, I hope you client is happy with it!

I'm an Ibanez fanboi, but I usually stick to basic colors (although if I came across a swirl at the right price...). I'm not a fan of the TRS trem on those older 400 series, I'm sure it's fine if set up properly but if I'm buying for myself I go for the 500+ series (MIJ) with the Edge trems. I hate that the Edge Zeroes are being used on some of the higher end models now, I've not used one, but I know they don't have a hardened plate for the saddle screws to go in so I imagine they will strip fairly easily when adjusting intonation.
                    Those $1500+ Ibanez really should have an Original Edge, or maybe Ibanez should do a "Floyd 1000 style", Original Edge spec but Korean or Indonesian manufactured Edge bridge for the Premium instruments. The Zero II is not terrible but not really fitting for guitars at this price point.
                    Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
                    Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
                    Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
                    Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Working...
                    X