banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you could'nt care less about that the vast majority of guitar players luv...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you could'nt care less about that the vast majority of guitar players luv...

1. Music theory (lulz..)

Of course when I first said on this board that I preferred not to use any theory cuz it just got in the way & ****ed up my flow when improvising I was piled on/ridiculed/bullied (well pathetic attempts were made)/threatened and what have you.. not that any of that got anyone anywhere and after the dust settled & all the frothing at the mouth (lol..why?) subsided there was nothing for the resident maestro's to do but stick their thumbs up their collective asses and sit on them nice & hard

Now you have a guitar improv god like current internet darling/man of the moment Matteo Mancuso saying the exact same thing...he tries "not to think at all when he plays" cuz it ****s up his flow. (Damn!! )

Of course when I mentioned that and posted up his video (where he pretty much echoed almost everything I said earlier) it was ignored cuz it's one thing to ignorantly pile up on some random dude on a forum like an idiot w/ your buddies and say he's "wrong" and then throw a bunch of retarded low IQ jibes and insults his way and another thing to do it to Mr. Mancuso and publicly show yourself up for the moron that you are

2. Brass FR tone blocks (prefer pot metal..sounds more natural to me)

3. Thicker strings ( I find 9's ideal. They're great for solo's and Tony Iommi's rhythm tone w/ 8's is a zillion times better/meaner/heavier than any modern downtuner's I've heard playing with ridiculous guages like 12-13'w or w/e rubbish it is that they use for their djentscapade's )

4.Fixed bridges (no I don't need the "more sustain" they supposedly offer. Plug into any half decent gainy amp and I'm good to go/sustain for days w/ any half decently set up guitar)

5. Les Paul's/PRS's ( ok cuz grand-pa looks & personal taste..but there's no way I'm ever paying $3000+ or w/e it is they cost for one)

And lots more to come..

Post your's if you have any
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

****ty improv done by someone who can't follow changes.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Matteo Mancuso plays a hell of a lot better than anything I've heard in other people's 'flow' clips. There's a difference between what people say in an interview/conversation and what they actually do on the instrument. Some people don't think about theory, while still using it all over their work when they play.

Comment

This is like when everyone insisted that EVH was well-versed in theory when he himself always siad he knew nothing about it. Believe it or not it IS possible to not know theory and play like Eddie did. As for Matteo that's what he says in every interview & I don't feel the need to put words in his mouth/do my own interpretations of what he says cuz I believe him

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          ****ty improv done by someone who can't follow changes.
          * see above/OP post for references to resident maestro's who you will never hear actually play anything*

Youtube

Comment

In the spirit of the the thread, I don't care much about low end and high gain. I never play power chords (at least hardly ever), and the music I generally play would sound terrible with anything more than Tube Screamer- level of gain.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thank you Mincer!

^^ Now that's what every one should be doing staying ON TOPIC instead of getting sidetracked into taking more pointless jabs...

Post YOUR peeves ( don't you worry about mine )

Youtube

Comment

People who claim to be musicians and refuse to learn anything about music. (For the record, EVH was a trained pianist, and a well-known BS-er in interviews.)

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                  People who claim to be musicians and refuse to learn anything about music theory. (For the record, EVH was a trained pianist, and a well-known BS-er in interviews.)
                  Fixed ^^

Hard to let go huh?

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                    People who claim to be musicians and refuse to learn anything about music theory)
                    Like this f'n neoclassical metal GUITAR GOD \m/

Youtube

Comment

or were you thinking more this guy

Youtube

Comment

Silverburst anything.
                        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                          Silverburst anything.
                          Seventies anything guitar-design-wise, for me.
                          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 02-16-2024, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                            Silverburst anything.
                            Not a big fan of it either, too gaudy. It makes me think of Ace, he's the only guy that looked ok with it.

Comment

I don't generally like gold hardware, either. But my '82 Strat has it, however. I didn't buy that- my stepfather bought it for me, so I didn't really have a say in it.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X