banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you could'nt care less about that the vast majority of guitar players luv...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really a fan of gold hardware either but at times I think it suits the guitar and anything else would'nt look as effective/nice. The only axe of mine with it (gold hardware) is the poplar burl top Ibanez RGT I bought a couple of months ago and I could'nt imagine it looking as cool w/ any other colored hardware..

EDIT: Oh yeah my Spalted maple Raven West neck-through has it too..Forgot about that one. It seems to be most effective with natural wood tops..
    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 02-16-2024, 05:56 PM.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Strats. I absolutely h a t e strats.

Comment

Pickup balance - Sometimes, I like my bridge and neck pickup to be wildly different in output and tone.

Comment

I like the way strats balance better than a Tele or LP because of the extended horn

I also think that hours of practicing Scales makes thinking about scales while playing unnecessary

I could care less about practicing - lazy mostly
          dont like Floyd roses - I dont wiggle the bar enough to go out of tune
          dont care about tremolos in general - for the same reasons as above
          pointy uncomfortable guitars that poke your ribs standing and slide off your leg when seated
          flat steinberger square guitars for the same reason as above

relic'd guitars - I like rolled edges on fretboards but a beat up corroded new guitar doesnt have mojo of an actual guitar played for decades

EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

1. Not crazy about "tasteful restraint". Why do you need to be restrained (ie.slow/boring) to be tasteful?

I prefer tasteful and unrestrained (or even just plain unrestrained if push comes to shove)

2. Endlessly obsessing about tone. "Good enough" is fine for me.

3. Solid State amps. As in analog SS. Most people like tube amps or modelers or both (myself included) but SS amps are often ignored/looked down on and to me a good SS amp is hard to beat, especially for heavy rhythms & solo's..
            Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 02-16-2024, 08:39 AM.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

People who insist that music theory and music are somehow unconnected.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Yeah, those are the worst

Youtube

Comment

though unnconnected and unnecessary​ are two different things (see video above)

Youtube

Comment

My peeve is someone who brings up dead horses trying to revive them by refusing to admit that the bullet from their gun is the one that killed it in the first place.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

My disuse of/dslike of music theory never died or went anywhere. It's alive and kicking despite all the pettyness & retardedness that came my way & went nowhere......

So the question of guns and bullets does'nt even arise (or dead horses) ...unless of course you're talking about somethng else..in which case don't mind me , carry on

Youtube

Comment

I really can't think of anything. What do the vast majority of players love? Is there a list somewhere? Has an actual survey been done?

Comment

You have to use your imagination/make an educated guess..

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

Fixed ^^

Hard to let go huh?
                            No, my words were accurate the first time.

Comment

My disuse of/dslike of music theory never died or went anywhere. It's alive and kicking

Yes it absolutely IS alive and kicking in your mind. But it's about time to let it die.

So the question of guns and bullets does'nt even arise (or dead horses) ...unless of course you're talking about somethng else..in which case don't mind me , carry on
                              You're so narcissistic you can't even see when you've lost.
                              Originally Posted by IanBallard
                              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Use my imagination. Hmmm. In other words, my opinion on what the vast majority love. Got it.

Floating Floyd Rose and the like tremolo systems (Edge, etc.). I don't like the instability of tuning with them though I know how to set one up properly. The only Floyd equipped guitar I have is decked, not even routed for pull-up. Strat trems I can deal with. I use a little vibrato anyway with them or they are decked and blocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X